- Player Manager
Infobox VG| title = Player Manager
developer = Dino Dini,
released = 1990
genre = Sports game
Amiga, Atari ST, MS-DOS, Playstation
Player Manager was a
soccermanagement game, released in 1990. It was notable for being the first game to combine both managing the team and playing as a single player. The match engine borrowed heavily off the Kick Offmatch engine, which was developed by Dino Diniand Anco, who also created Player Manager. This was the first in a series of games called Player Manager.
Players would take control of a third division side as
player-manager, acting in both managing and playing aspects. The latter option was optional, since players could chose whether to control the player only or the entire team from the outset. They can opt to do neither, if they choose not to play the matches personally.
Notably, you could save your team and transfer it over to
Kick Off 2, to play as the team.
ST Action" - A stroke of pure genius.
*"The One" - An exceptional football management sim. Astounding depth, most involved, rewarding and playable.
*"ACE" - Successfully blends challenging soccer management with frantic end to end arcade action. 920
*"New Comp Express" - The sheer depth is incredible. A definitive management game.
Commodore User" - At last a management game that requires true management skills - a winner 94%
ST Format" - Brilliant. 93%
*"Amiga Format" - Enthralling and addictive. 93%
*"ZZAP" - Best football management game ever written. 92%
* [http://www.abundantsoft.com Abundant Software] - Game Developer
Dino Dini's current development company
* [http://www.ko-gathering.com KOA Kick Off Gathering] - KOA (Kick Off Association) Official International Kick Off Fan Site (organising Kick Off World Cup tournaments since 2001)
* [http://www.spesw.com/pc/sports/games_p_r/player_manager_2.html Player Manager 2 download]
* [http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/DBM1/PlayMa.html Review of Player Manager]
* [http://www.badger-soft.com/game_info.php?game=1 Player Manager Reloaded] remake of the game by Badger Soft
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.