1Sky is a
non-partisancampaign to aggregate a movement in support of federal action to stop global warming. [ [http://www.1sky.org/about About 1Sky] ] Partners include Step It Up 2007, the Clinton Global Initiative, Greenpeace, Oxfam, and the Energy Action Coalition.
1Sky is using a coalition of environmental groups, scientists, economists, businesses, religious groups, health organizations, social justice and military leaders, elected officials, celebrities, and citizens to pressure the
United States Congressto support the 1Sky Platform. President Clinton announced the 1Sky Platform at the Clinton Global Initiativein 2007. [ [http://www.rbf.org/resources/resources_show.htm?doc_id=540866 President Clinton Recognizes 1Sky Campaign on Global Warming] ]
The 1Sky Platform
The 1Sky policy platform represents the scientific bottom line – the solutions that must be implemented immediately to avert catastrophic
climate changeand transition to a green, economically just, future.
#Mobilize America: 5 million green jobs conserving 20% of our energy by 2015
#Secure Our Future: Freeze climate pollution levels now and cut at least 80% by 2050 and 20% by 2020.
#Transform Our Energy Priorities: No new coal plants that emit global warming pollution. Invest in
* [http://www.1aky.org Official Website]
* [http://www.1sky.org/allies 1Sky Allies]
* [http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/02/whose-climate-is-it-anyway/ Andy Revkin on 1Sky] (
New York Times)
* [http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN26284517 Reuters on 1Sky] (
* [http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/11/01/onesky/ Minnesota Public Radio piece on 1Sky]
* [http://www.1skyfl.org/home 1Sky Florida]
* [http://www.1skywashington.org/ 1Sky Washington]
* [http://www.1skynewmexico.org/ 1Sky New Mexico]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.