- Lucasfilm Animation Singapore
A division of
Lucasfilm Ltd., Lucasfilm Animation Singapore is a fully integrated digital animation studio producing film, television and video game content for global audiences.
Company History and Studio Structure
Originally founded in 2004 as a means to tap into the diverse global talent pool, Lucasfilm Animation Singapore (LAS) officially opened its doors in October 2005. LAS works closely with its sister company – Bay Area-based
Lucasfilm Animation– on , a computer-generated television series expanding the scope of the Star Wars Saga with new stories, cutting-edge animation and signature style. Debuting in North American theaters on August 15, the all-new Star Wars adventures continue in Fall 2008 with half-hour installments on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT.
Boasting an infrastructure that promotes efficient integration and creative collaboration, the LAS production schedule also includes contributions to projects from other Lucasfilm companies. While the largest of LAS’ production groups focuses on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, in July 2006 LAS announced the creation of the Game Group and the Digital Artists Group (DAG).
The Game Group developed and announced
CloneWars - Jedi Allianceon the Nintendo DSin 2008. The Wiiversion is developed by Khrome Studiosfrom Australia.
The Digital Artists Group serves both as an extension of
Industrial Light & Magic, contributing to ILM’s work on feature film visual effects, as well as to support LucasArts’ video game productions.
In November 2007, Lucasfilm Animation Singapore launched the Jedi Masters Program, a paid apprenticeship providing talented young artists with mentorship opportunities from industry professionals at ILM, LucasArts and
LucasfilmAnimation. The Jedi Masters Program has classroom facilities within the Singapore studio and combines classroom instruction with mentored work in an actual production environment.
The LAS creative team is led by Gail Currey, VP and General Manager of Lucasfilm Animation, and Xavier Nicolas, Managing Director of Lucasfilm Animation Singapore. The studio currently employs nearly 300 people from 41 different countries.
* [http://lasjump.com Jedi Masters Program website] (link is not working)
* [http://starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html Official Star Wars: The Clone Wars announcement]
* [http://starwars.com/theclonewars/ Official Star Wars: The Clone Wars website]
* [http://starwars.com/video/view/000478.html Official Star Wars: The Clone Wars teaser trailer]
* [http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theclonewars/ Official site of the game
CloneWars - Jedi Alliance
* [http://ds.ign.com/articles/882/882648p1.html Interview and first official announcement of Feargus Caroll about the DS CloneWars game]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.