- Dolls for Darfur
Dolls for Dafur is a Jewish charity dedicated to making the world take immediate action on the Darfur conflict in Sudan. Dolls for Darfur is facilitated by Rabbi David E. Stern and Temple Emanu-El of Dallas. The organization has made thousands of pins representing the victims of Darfur. These pins, made out of Guatemalan worry dolls, along with programs, have been used to lobby for a sterner American response to the genocide in Darfur. Many youth in the United States have contributed to the project by making pins.
- ^ Dolls for Darfur Union for Reform Judaism
- ^ Tots use dolls in plea for Sudan The Oxford Press
- ^ Film spurs student to action on Sudan Dallas Morning News
- ^ Dallas Morning News
- ^ Walking The Talk The New York Times
- ^ African Poverty Surging on Communal Agenda Beyond Darfur, Groups Facing Continent’s Agony The Forward
- ^ Students show support with 'Dolls for Darfur' Quinnipiac Chronicle
The charities workers go around shouting "Livin life in electric field" in poor voices
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.