- Roman Catholic Diocese of Santiago de Cabo Verde
Diocese of Santiago de Cabo Verde
Dioecesis Sancti Iacobi Capitis Viridis
Location Country Cape Verde Metropolitan Immediately subject to the Holy See Statistics Area 1,793 km2 (692 sq mi) Population
(as of 2004)
Information Rite Latin Rite Cathedral Catedral Nossa Senhora Assumpcao Current leadership Bishop Paulino do Livramento Évora, C.S.Sp.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Santiago de Cabo Verde (Latin: Dioecesis Sancti Iacobi Capitis Viridis) is a diocese located in Santiago in Cabo Verde.
- January 31, 1533: Established as Diocese of Santiago de Cabo Verde from the Diocese of Funchal in Portugal.
- Bishops of Santiago de Cabo Verde (Roman rite)
- Bishop Paulino do Livramento Évora, C.S.Sp. (since 1975.04.21)
- Bishop José Filípe do Carmo Colaço (1956.03.28 – 1975.04.21)
- Bishop Faustino Moreira dos Santos, C.S.Sp. (1941.01.28 – 1955.07.27)
- Bishop Joaquim Rafael Maria d’Assunçâo Pitinho, O.F.M. (1935.11.15 – 1940.05.05)
- Bishop José Alves Martins (1910.03.10 – 1935.11.15)
- Bishop António Moutinho (1904.11.14 – 1909.03.04)
- Bishop Joaquim Augusto de Barros (1884.03.27 – 1904.03.01)
- Bishop José Dias Correia de Carvalho (1871.06.26 – 1883.08.09)
- Bishop José Luís Alves Feijó (1865.09.25 – 1871.06.26)
- Archbishop João Crisóstomo de Amorim Pessoa (1859.06.08 – 1861.03.22)
- Bishop Patrício Xavier de Moura (1845.05.31 – 1859.04.15)
- Bishop Silvestre Santa Maria, O.F.M. (1802.05.24 – 1813.11.22)
- Giga-Catholic Information
- Catholic Hierarchy
- "São Thiago de Cabo Verde". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Africa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.