- Egbert Schuurman
Egbert Schuurman (born
23 July 1937, Borger (Drenthe)) is a professor of philosophyin the Netherlands, whose teaching is most concerned with exploring and developing Reformational philosophyand its organized expression, the Association for Reformational Philosophy He studied under Hendrik Van Riessen. Schuurman has three related appointments to External Professorial Chairs, an arrangement with the Dutch government, at the technical state universities of Delft, Eindhoven, and Wageningen(the latter in large part devoted to agriculture), He is also a member of the First Chamber of the Dutch Parliament, serving currently as the Caucus Chairman for the ChristenUnieparty caucus.
He has published numerous books in both Dutch and English in his specialty of the
philosophy of technology; by which he means, consistent with Dutch and French conventions, to mean the "science of techniques", as distinguished from what English speakers often refer to as "technology," which French and Dutch speakers would refer to as "technique". Among his works are the following titles, some in Dutch and some in English:
Publications in English
* "Reflections on the technological society" (1978)
* "Modern technology in a christian-philosophical perspective" (1979)
* "Faith and Hope in Technology" (2003)
* "Deliverance from the Technical World Pictures" (2004)
* [http://www.parlement.com/9291000/biof/02771 Parliament biography for Egbert Schuurman]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.