- O, The Oprah Magazine
"O, The Oprah Magazine", sometimes simply abbreviated to "O", is a monthly magazine for women founded by
Oprah Winfreyand Hearst Corporation. It was first published on April 19 2000. As of June 2004, its average paid circulation was over 2.7 million copies, two thirds by subscription. A South African edition was first published in April 2002; according to the South African Advertising Research Foundation, its average readership was over 300,000. [http://www.saarf.co.za/topmags.htm]
In April 2001, Oprah Winfrey and the
Hearst Corporationwere sued for trademark infringement by Ronald Brockmeyer, the publisher of "O Magazine", a German erotic periodical which predated Winfrey's magazine by several years. In a March 2003 decision, Judge John Koeltldismissed the suit, citing the different content of the two magazines and the irregular publication schedule and minimal American sales of the German magazine.
Oprah, posing alone, has exclusively appeared on the cover of each issue since its inception.Fact|date=September 2008
* Official magazine websites: [http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/ Oprah Winfrey] and [http://www.hearst.com/magazines/property/mag_prop_o_2000.html Hearst]
* [http://www.hearstmags.com/oprah.htm Customer service website]
* [http://www.omediakit.com/ O, The Oprah Magazine media kit website]
* [http://www.themagazineguys.com/oprah/index.html Magazine summary] , including ABC Circulation information and
* [http://www.maximumedge.com/magazines/o_oprah.html O, The Oprah Magazine Subscription Price Comparison]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.