- Daniel Allen Cox
Daniel Allen Cox (born February 3, 1976) is a Canadian author and columnist. Shuck, his semi-autobiographical debut novel about a New York City hustler, was a Lambda Literary Award and a ReLit Award finalist. Cox is described in interviews as a former Jehovah's Witness and model/actor in gay pornography, and his writing style has drawn comparisons to American authors Dennis Cooper and Chuck Palahniuk. In 2010, AfterElton.com named Cox one of its "Favorite Gay Canucks."  He writes the column Fingerprinted for Xtra Ottawa, formerly known as Capital Xtra!
Krakow Melt the second novel by Cox published by Arsenal Pulp Press, about Polish pyromaniacs who fight homophobia, was released in 2010 and was excerpted the US-based national gay and lesbian newsmagazine The Advocate. In 2011, Istanbul-based publisher Altikirkbes acquired Turkish-language rights to the novel for an underground literature imprint featuring Lydia Lunch. The novel was nominated for a Lambda Literary Award and the Ferro-Grumley Award for LGBT Fiction.
Cox has appeared at the Ottawa International Writers' Festival, Northeastern Illinois University, Columbia College Chicago, McGill University, Wilfrid Laurier University's Rainbow Centre, the San Francisco Sex Worker Arts Festival, WESTFEST, AIDS Committee of Ottawa, and CBC Radio One. He is a former fiction editor of Outsider Ink, and his own fiction has appeared in numerous magazines and anthologies. He is openly gay.
Tattoo This Madness In, his novella about LGBT Jehovah’s Witnesses who use Smurf tattoos to rebel against their faith, was nominated for a 2007 Expozine Alternative Press Award.
- Krakow Melt (novel, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2010) ISBN 9781551523729
- I Like It Like That (anthology story, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2009) ISBN 9781551522593
- Second Person Queer (anthology essay, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2009) ISBN 9781551522456
- Shuck (novel, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2008) ISBN 9781551522463
- Tattoo This Madness In (novella, Dusty Owl Press, 2006) ISBN 0-9739266-4-3
- Year of the Thief (anthology story, Thieves Jargon Press, 2006) ISBN 0-9770750-1-0
- Episodes of Deflated Magic (short story chapbook, Fever Press, 2004) ISBN 0-9732424-1-8
- ^ The Mirror, September 11, 2008
- ^ The Danforth Review, March 2009
- ^ AfterElton.com's Favorite Gay Canucks
- ^ Fingerprinted, a column by Daniel Allen Cox
- ^ Krakow Melt excerpted in The Advocate
- ^ Altikirkbes acquires Turkish-language rights to Krakow Melt
- ^ Daniel Allen Cox speaks at Columbia College Chicago
- ^ Daniel Allen Cox lectures at Queer McGill
- ^ San Francisco Sex Worker Arts Festival
- ^ Ottawa International Writer's Festival
- ^ CBC Radio One, December 2, 2006
- ^ "Francis Vol interviews Daniel Allen Cox", Velvet Mafia (21), http://velvetmafia.com/interview/21.cox.php, retrieved 2007-10-06
- ^ The Link
- ^ Expozine Awards
- 1976 births
- Canadian novelists
- LGBT writers from Canada
- Gay writers
- Living people
- Writers from Quebec
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.