TAL is a
three-letter abbreviationwith multiple meanings:
*The radio and television programs
This American Life
Thick ascending limb of loop of Henle
*The transitional administrative law of Iraq, see
Law of Administration for the State of Iraq for the Transitional Period
Tiocfaidh ar lawhich means "our day shall come" in the Irish language
Transoceanic Abort Landingfor the Space Shuttle
The Alberta Library
*The programming languages:
Template Attribute Language
Typed Assembly Language
Transaction Application Language
Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport(IATA Code: TAL) in Tanana, Alaska
The Album Leaf, the solo project of post-rockmusician Jimmy LaValle.
*Thunder and Lightning, a webcomic
Transalpine LineAdditionally, Tal can refer to:
* "" (
1929) a fantasy, adventure novel by Paul Fenimore Cooper.
* A concatenated drumming pattern for tabla analogous to a bar or measure.
Israel Tal(*1924), general IDF
Mikhail Tal(1936–1992), Latvian World Chess Champion
* a misspelling for Talla, term from Indian classical music, see
* the Hebrew name Tal, meaning
* the Jewish
piyyutknown as " Tefillat Tal"
* A main character from Garth Nix's "
The Seventh Tower" series.
* A fictional unit of Martian time, from Edgar Rice Burroughs' "
John Carter of Mars" series
* A greeting from John Norman's "
Gor" series of novels.
* The Tibetan word for 'lake'.
* The artist Tal R, see [http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/artists/tal_r.htm Saatchi Gallery Exhibit of Tal R's work]
* The singer
Tal, Madhya Pradeshtown.
Tal Farlow(1921-1998), jazz guitarist.
* tal, the Hindi word for a sesame seed
* Tal, a traditional
Joseph Tal(1910-2008), Israeli composer
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.