- Jack Howell (footballer)
Infobox afl player | firstname = Jack
lastname = Howell
birthdate = 31 August 1924
heightweight = 192 cm, 91 kg
originalteam = Chelsea,
dead = alive
deathdate = June, 1994
debutdate = 16 May, 1942
debutteam = Carlton
debutopponent = South Melbourne
debutstadium = Princes Park
playingteams = Carlton (1942-44, 1946-50, 1952-54)
137 games, 246 goals
coach = notcoach
statsend = 2007
* Carlton Premiers 1947
* Carlton Best & Fairest 1946, 1948
* Carlton Club Leading Goalkicker 1952 (42)
* All Australian 1953
* Carlton Hall of Fame (1991)
Jack E. "Chooka" Howell (31 August 1924 - June, 1994), nicknamed "Chooka" (as was his father) from his distinctive gait, was an
Australian rules footballer in the Victorian Football League.
Three generations of Grand Final players
He has the distinction of being a member of the only three-generation set of participants in a VFL/AFL Grand Final.
This Jack "Chooka" Howell played for Carlton, against Essendon, in the 1947 Grand Final.
His son, Scott Howell played for Carlton, against Collingwood, in the 1981 Grand Final.
1949 VFL season
* [http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jack_Howell0.html AFL Statistics: Jack Howell]
* [http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php?page=Jack+Howell Blueseum Biography Jack "Chooka" Howell]
* [http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/hi-hz.htm#Jack%20Howell%20(Carlton%20&%20Oakleigh) Full Points Footy Biography: Jack "Chooka" Howell]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.