First edition cover
Author(s) Craig Clevenger Cover artist Jacket design by Dorothy Carico Smith Country United States Language English Genre(s) Novel Publisher MacAdam/Cage Publication date October 9, 2005 Media type Print (Hardcover, Paperback) Pages 214 pp (first edition, hardback) ISBN 1-931561-75-3 OCLC Number 60972005 Dewey Decimal 813/.6 22 LC Classification PS3603.L49 D47 2005 Preceded by The Contortionist's Handbook
Dermaphoria (2005) is a novel written by American author Craig Clevenger.
Eric Ashworth awakens in jail, unable to remember how he got there or why. All he does remember is a woman's name: Desiree.
Bailed out and holed up in a low rent motel, Eric finds the solution to his amnesia in a strange new hallucinogen. By synthesizing the sense of touch, the drug produces a disjointed series of sensations that slowly allow Eric to remember his former life as a clandestine chemist. With steadily increasing doses, Eric reassembles his past at the expense of his grip on the present, and his distinction between truth and fantasy crumbles as his paranoia grows in tandem with his tolerance.
Characters in Dermaphoria
- Eric Ashworth
- Manhattan White
- Toe Tag
- Detective Anslinger
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Woozy memories of a drugmaker - June Sawyers - San Francisco Chronicle
- You are what you read - Ben Popper - Memphis Flyer Online
- Dermaphoria - Luan Gaines - Curled Up
- Dermaphoria - Thomas Scott McKenzie - PopMatters
- MacAdam/Cage Publishing, October 2005. Paperback Edition. ISBN 1931561753
- MacAdam/Cage Publishing, September 2006. Paperback Edition. ISBN 1596921021
- Official site of Craig Clevenger
- Official online community of Craig Clevenger, Will Christopher Baer, and Stephen Graham Jones
- Pete's Candy Store Reading (Dermaphoria Tour)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.