Long Range Land Attack Projectile
- Long Range Land Attack Projectile
The Long Range Land Attack Projectile (LRLAP) is a developmental program to produce a precision guided 155 mm naval artillery shell for the U.S. Navy. The system is under development by Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, the prime contractor being BAE Systems.
* Caliber: 155 mm.
** Total: 225 lb (102 kg).
** Bursting charge: 24 lb (11 kg).
* Length (propellant and projectile): 88 in (223 cm).
* Guidance: GPS/INS.
* Accuracy: Circular error probable of 50 m or less.
* Range: convert|100|nmi|km|-1 max.
* Warhead: Unitary high-explosive.
[ [http://www.baesystems.com/ProductsServices/l_and_a_sea_lrap.html Long Range Land Attack Projectile (LRLAP) - BAE Systems] ] ]
* June 2005 - Successful guided flight test of the LRLAP sets gun-launched guided projectile range record of convert|59|nmi|km|0 of. [ [http://www.spacewar.com/news/miltech-05l.html DD(X) Team Flies Long-Range Land-Attack Projectile to Record Range - Space War] ]
* Advanced Gun System
* Zumwalt class destroyer
* Extended Range Guided Munition
* Ballistic Trajectory Extended Range Munition
* [http://www.lockheedmartin.com/products/LongRangeLandAttackProjectile/index.html Advanced Gun System/Long-Range Land Attack Projectile - Lockheed Martin]
* [http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/lrlap.htm Long Range Land Attack Projectile - Global Security]
* [http://www.ddxnationalteam.com/gallery/LRLAP LRLAP Gallery- DD(X) National Team]
Look at other dictionaries:
Electromagnetic projectile devices (fiction) — Electromagnetic projectile devices which use electromagnetic means to accelerate solid materials, such as Kinetic energy weaponry, Gauss guns, Mass drivers or Railguns are often used in fiction, especially science fiction.Realism of… … Wikipedia
Heli Attack 3 — Infobox VG title = Heli Attack 3 developer = squarecircleco. publisher = squarecircleco. distributor = designer = Lavpreet engine = Adobe Flash version = released = June 17, 2005 genre = Run and gun shooter modes = Single player ratings =… … Wikipedia
Iowa class battleship — The Iowa class battleships were a class of six fast battleships ordered by the United States Navy in 1939 and 1940 to escort the Fast Carrier Task Forces that would operate in the Pacific Theater of World War II. Four were completed in the early… … Wikipedia
United States Naval Gunfire Support debate — The United States Naval Gunfire Support debate (also known as the United States Naval Surface Fire Support debate) is an ongoing debate between the Navy, Marine Corps, Congress, and independent groups like the United States Naval Gunfire Support… … Wikipedia
Cannon — A cannon is a type of artillery, usually large and tubular, that uses gunpowder or other explosive based propellants to launch a projectile over a distance. Cannon vary in caliber, range, mobility, rate of fire, angle of fire, and firepower;… … Wikipedia
Zumwalt class destroyer — Artist rendering of the Zumwalt class destroyer Class overview Name: Zumwalt Builders: General Dynamics … Wikipedia
History of cannon — The history of cannon spans several hundred years. First used in China, they were among the earliest forms of gunpowder artillery, and over time replaced siege engines mdash;among other forms of aging weaponry mdash;on the battlefield. The first… … Wikipedia
Advanced Gun System — Originally designed for mounting as a vertical gun, this 155 mm (6.1 ) caliber gun has since been slated for mounting within a more conventional turret arrangement. The AGS is designed to offer a weapon system capable of delivering precision… … Wikipedia
Artillerie navale — en action : l USS Iowa dans un exercice de tir près de Porto Rico. L artillerie navale désigne l artillerie qui est utilisée sur les navires de combat. L artillerie désigne les armes collectives ou lourdes servant à envoyer, à grande… … Wikipédia en Français
Artillerie Navale — en action : l USS Iowa dans un exercice de tir près de Porto Rico. L artillerie navale désigne l artillerie qui est utilisée sur les navires de combat. L artillerie désigne les armes collectives ou lourdes servant à envoyer, à grande… … Wikipédia en Français