- Ayya Sucinta Bhikkhuni
Ayya Sucinta Bhikkhuni is a German-born member of the
Bhikkhuni Sangha. She trained with the late Ayya Khemaand Ajahn Sumedhoat Amaravati Monasteryin England. There, she began her monastic life, as well as at the Bhavana Societyin America, with Bhante Gunaratna(Bhante G). One of the few Western Theravadanbhikkhunis in the world, Ayya Sucinta received full ordinationat the historic International Gathering of the Sanghain Bodhgaya, Indiain 1998. In America, she has stayed and taught at the Carolina Buddhist Vihara, Dhammadharini Viharaand the Bhavana Society.
Ayya Sucinta left the
United Statesfor Australiain January 2007, at the invitation of the Melbourne Buddhist Society, to become the Resident Teacher at Buddhaloka Centerin Melbourneand to support the foundation of the first Theravadan Buddhist monastery for fully ordained women in Australia. It is tentatively named “ Sanghamittarama”. The Sanghamittarama Project has the blessings of Ajahn Brahm, the Spiritual Advisor to the BSV and Bhante Gunaratana of the Bhavana Society in West Virginia, where Ayya took her first ordination and Bhante G has offered his full support.
* Bhante Henepola Gunaratana ("Bhante G")
Ayya Sudhamma Bhikkhuni
* [http://www.payer.de/neobuddhismus/neobud0408.htm Materialien zum Neobuddhismus]
* [http://www.carolinabuddhist.net/ Carolina Buddhist Vihara]
* [http://www.buddhanet.net/whats_n.htm/ BuddhaNet's Message Board]
* [http://www.dhammadharini.org Dhammadharini Vihara official site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.