- SOS (disambiguation)
SOS may stand for:
Government and military
Secretary of State
Services of Supply- an autonomous branch of the U.S. Armyduring World War II, which later became the Army Service Forces.
* "Shit On a Shingle", U. S. military slang for creamed
chipped beef on toast
Special Operations Squadron, a United States Air ForceSpecial Operations Squadron
Squadron Officer School, a professional military school run by the United States Air Force
Secrets of Servicea major world domination operation stopped in 1967
Source of Supply- a three position alphanumeric code sometimes referred to as a RIC
Musicians and record labels
The SOS Band, an American R&B musical ensemble best known for the hits "Take Your Time (Do It Right)" and "Just Be Good to Me"
Swing Out Sister
SOS Recordsa punk rock record label featuring The Varukers and The Adicts
* "S.O.S." (Sisters of Shu), the former name of
ASOS, a musical duo of Taiwan, with Barbie Hsuand Dee Hsu.
* "S.O.S" (album), an album by Morgana Lefay
Songs of Silence", an album by Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica
Sound of Silver", an album by dance-punk band LCD Soundsystem
* S.O.S., an album by
* "S.O.S." is a 1996 song by ska-punk band
The Suicide Machines, from the album Destruction by Definition
* "S.O.S." (Good Charlotte song), a 2004 song by
* "SOS" (Rihanna song), a 2006 pop song by
* "S.O.S." (Anything But Love) a 2007 single by
Apocalyptica(feat. Cristina Scabbia & Mats Leven)
* "S.O.S. (Too Bad)", a song from Aerosmith's 1974 album "Get Your Wings"
* "SOS" (ABBA song), 1975 singles by ABBA and Agnetha Fältskog
* "SOS" (Jonas Brothers song), a song by the
* "S.O.S." by
Collie Buddz, a WWEtheme song
* "S.O.S.", a single released by
La Bouchefrom their album bearing the same title
SOS Children's Villages, a large childcare NGO
Save Our Selves, a group of climate change activists
* Save Our Sons, an Australian group of anti-war female activists in the Vietnam War
Secular Organizations for Sobrietya secular addiction recovery group (also sometimes referred to as Save Our Selves)
Share Our Strength, a nonprofit dedicated to ending childhood hunger.
Science of Spirituality, a non-profit international spiritual organization.
* The tiebreaker "Sum of Opponents' Scores" in a McMahon system tournament
Strength of schedulestatistic
Sheamus O'Shaunessy, a professional wrestler
Stephen Silvagni, an Australian football player, standing for "Son of Serge", after his father, Sergio Silvagni
cience and technology
* [http://sos.noaa.gov/ Science On a Sphere] , a
NOAAdisplay where the world is projected onto a reflective sphere
Sensor Observation Service(SOS), a service for managing and retrieving data from deployed sensors by Open Geospatial Consortium
SHARE Operating System, a historical operating system for the IBM 704 computer
Solaris Operating System, a Unix-based operating system written by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Sold-Out Software, a British publisher of computer games
SOS, the international Morse code distress signal, consisting of three dots, three dashes and three dots (··· --- ···)
SOS response, a DNA repair system of prokaryotes involving RecA and LexA proteins
Polynomial SOS, polynomials that are sums of squares of polynomials
Apple SOS, the "Sophisticated Operating System", an operating system used by the Apple III computer
Silicon on Sapphire, a type of wafer chip design
Son of sevenless, a small GTPase that promotes the exchange of Ras-bound GDP by GTP
Sinusoidal obstruction syndrome, a liver disease mainly occurring in people receiving a bone marrow transplant
sum of squares, a statistical measure
* son of sysreport, an enhanced version of the sysreport Linux diagnostic utility software
Switched-On Schoolhouse, an educational computer program for homeschoolers and private school students
System of systems, a collection of task-oriented or dedicated systems
* Structural Operational Semantics, a logical means to defining the meaning of computer programs
S.O.S. (Lost), a TV episode from the series "Lost"
* SOS Brigade, Haruhi Suzumiya's club in the anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and the Haruhi Suzumiya light novel series
* , a Mexican television series.
Summer of Sam
S.O.S. Mathematics, a mathematics website
Sos, Lot-et-Garonne, a commune in France
Somali shilling, the currency of Somalia (ISO currency code "SOS")
* S.O.S Soap Pads, a brand of detergent-infused scouring pad, manufactured by Clorox, supposed to stand for "Save Our Saucepans"
S.O.S. (appetizer), a Swedish appetizer with butter, cheese and herring
* "S.O.S." (novel), a 2001 novel by Joseph Connolly
* Sos the Rope an eponymous character from a novel by
The Sword of Shannara, the first novel in the Shannara series by Terry Brooks.
* Someone special
* "si opus sit" - Latin abbreviation meaning "if there is need", "if occasion require", "if necessary"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.