- Les amitiés particulières (film)
name = Les amitiés particulières
producer = Christine Gouze-Rénal
writer = Jean Aurenche
starring = Francis Lacombrade
music = Jean Prodromidès
PathéContemporary Films (USA))
released = flagicon|France
September 4 1964
November 7 1967
runtime = 100 mins.
language = French
amg_id = 1:49531
imdb_id = 0057842
"Les amitiés particulières" (English: "These Special Friendships ") is a 1964 film adaptation of the
Roger Peyrefittenovel " Les amitiés particulières" directed by Jean Delannoy. It starred Francis Lacombrade as Georges, Didier Haudepin as Alexandre and Michel Bouquet as Père de Trennes. It was released in English as "This Special Friendship". The film was produced by Christine Gouze-Rénal, whose sister Danielle was the wife of future French president François Mitterrand. The filming location for the movie was the 13th-century Royaumont Abbey, some 50 km north of Paris.
The movie is mostly true to the novel, changing only relatively minor plot points such as Alexandre's suicide from poisoning to death by throwing himself from a train. Also, Alexandre in the movie is brown-haired, not blond, which also removes some of the inside jokes between Alexandre and Georges which are present in the book.
On the set of the film, Peyrefitte met the 12-year-old aristocrat
Alain-Philippe Malagnac d'Argens de Villèlewho had been cast as a choir boy and was a big fan of the book. Not only did Peyrefitte sign Alain-Philippe's copy of the book but the two also fell in love, pursuing a stormy relationship that Peyrefitte chronicled in some of his later novels such as "Notre Amour" (1967) and "L'Enfant de cœur" (1978).
Alain-Philippe Malagnac was later married to the French entertainer
Amanda Learand died in a house fire in 2000at the age of forty-nine, shortly after Peyrefitte's death. It is unknown whether this was a suicide, even though Peyrefitte in his novels describes a "suicide pact" between the two, i.e. their intention to commit suicide if the other one dies.
* Francis Lacombrade as Georges de Sarre
* Didier Haudepin as Alexandre Motier
* François Leccia as Lucien Rouvère
* Dominique Maurin as Marc de Blajean
* Louis Seigner as Le père Lauzon/Father Lauzon
* Michel Bouquet as Le père de Trennes/Father Trennes
* Lucien Nat as Le père supérieur/Father Superior
List of films portraying paedophilia or sexual abuse of minors
* [http://www.boyacts.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?action=showgal&ref=1034&type=mve Stills from the movie]
* [http://malicieux.com/galleries/f_465.html More stills]
* [http://www.tf1video.fr/fiches/fiche.php?ean=338444203460 French DVD (tf1video.fr)]
* [http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,844193,00.html "Schoolboy Sins"] —1967 "Time" magazine review of the movie
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.