The Migneint (Welsh pronunciation: [ˈmɪɡnaint]) is a large expanse of moorland in central Snowdonia, North Wales. It is part of the Migneint-Arenig-Dduallt Special Area of Conservation, along with the mountains Arenig Fawr, Arenig Fach and Dduallt, covering a range of nearly 200 km². It is either the largest area of blanket bog in Wales, or the second largest, after the Berwyn range, further to the east.
Plans have been suggested to hold water on the Migneint for longer, to help prevent flooding in the Conwy valley, but local farmers have voiced concern that this could be harmful to livestock.
- ^ a b "Migneint-Arenig-Dduallt". Joint Nature Conservation Committee. http://www.jncc.gov.uk/ProtectedSites/SACSelection/sac.asp?EUCode=UK0030205.
- ^ "Birdwatching in Snowdonia". http://www.snowdonia-wales.net/todo/birdwatching.asp.
- ^ "Snowdonia farmers' bog plan anger". BBC News. 2007-01-10. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/6248225.stm.
- Photos of Migneint and surrounding area at Geograph
- Migneint is at coordinates Coordinates: / SH 779 428
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.