- Mitre (disambiguation)
Mitre may refer to:
- mitre, a traditional, ceremonial head-dress of ancient Jewish high priests and of bishops and some other clergy in Christian Churches
- hence, a similar looking military uniform cap, as worn by European Grenadier infantry in the 18th century
- miter joints, a type of joint in woodwork or plumbing
- miter saw, a saw for making these joints
- or mitered cuffs, which feature a corner cut off at 45°
- Mitre-cut, a way to cut a sail, with panels running in two directions, separated by the mitre seam ()
- Mitre 10, a hardware and timber retailer in Australia and New Zealand
- The MITRE Corporation, a corporation specializing in high technology systems engineering
- Mitre Sports International, a manufacturer of sporting goods, notably footballs (soccer)
- Bartolomé Mitre, Argentine president, military figure, and author
- Sergio Mitre Baseball player for the NY Yankees
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.