- Alan Aubry
Alan Aubry (born
24 September 1974) is a French photographer. He graduated from the Art College of Rouen, France, in 1998.
His artistic process is to work by series, by accumulation of objects and places of the every day life. He attempts to reveal the essence of things and places, by tearing the routine’s viel. The usual, the repetitive, the monotonous, the ordinary, the useful, all which is subject to be seen, but is not looked for itself, are his territories.
A great part of his work on the mankind and his environment is obtained by wearing out the same area, by trolling along the same spaces continuously in order to observe it and to feel it as well as possible. This area is also the one where he lives, as a matter of fact these observations are also influenced by his relations with these places and his personal history.
* 2008 - INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMAGES - OFF, Paris, France.
* 2007 - HABITER, FACE A FACE B, Stanislas Castle, Commercy, France.
* 2007 - GALA, Lied Discovery Children's Museum, Las Vegas, United States.
* 2006 - OUVERTURE, Gallery Le Tracteur, Paris, France.
* 2006 - CITADELLE Gallery Boumier, Versailles, France.
* 2006 - RELAIS Gallery du Bellay, Mont-Saint-Aignan, France.
* 2006 - PARIS PHOTOGRAPHIQUE Espace Beaurepaire, Paris, France.
* 2005 - LES NOUVEAUX LIEUX DE SOLITUDE Pôle image de Haute-Normandie. Rouen, France.
* 2005 - CITADELLE Gallery Plume. Le Mans, France.
* 2005 - RENCONTRES INTERNATIONALES DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE HypeGallery. Arles, France.
* 2004 - HYPEGALLERY Palais de Tokyo, Paris, France.
* 2002 - LES ICONOCLASSES 4 Gallery Duchamp, Yvetot, France.
* 2008 - Orania, Photos within a private town for Afrikaners only in
* 2007 - Károlyháza, Photos within an old collective farm in Hungary.
* 2007 - Habiter, Face A Face B, Photos within the city of Commercy, France. Worked with Antoine Doyen.
* 2007 - Parcel(le)s, Photos within labor kitchen garden
* 2007 - Zone vie, Photos within the air base of Évreux, France.
* 2006 - La Corniche, Photos of residential pavilions under construction.
* 2006 - Affaires culturelles, Photos within the offices of the French Cultural Department
* 2005 - Citadelle, Photos of residential pavilions dig in behind a hedge of thuyas
* 2005 - Rencontres, Photos of “risqué” meeting places around Rouen
* 2005 - Habitat provisoire, Photos of dormitories in a vacation centre
* 2005 - Desserte locale, Photographic inventory of all the panels indicating the entrance of the city of Rouen.
* 2005 - La Rafale
* 2005 - Abri-joueur, Photos of players’ shelter on the border of playing fields.
* 2005 - 11 mètres, Photos of goals from the penalty point.
* 2004 - Retour vapeurs Photos of Photos of petrol pumps.
* 2004 - Propriété de l’État] , Photos of a precise type of phone boxes.
* 2004 - Voitures, Photos of abandoned cars, the time of a weekend, in the underground parking of a shopping center.
* 2004 - Abribus, Photos of a precise type of bus shelter.
* 2004 - Mesnil Roux, photographie d'une zone délaissée d'un centre commercial.
* 2003 - Intérieurs familiers Photos from domestic inside which marked his childhood.
* [http://www.alan-aubry.com www.alan-aubry.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.