- Jill Marie Landis
imagesize = 150px
name = Jill Marie Landis
birthdate = birth date and age|1948|11|8|mf=y
birthplace = Clinton,
Indiana, United States
nationality = American
period = 1988 - present
genre = Romance
website = http://www.JillMarieLandis.com
Jill Marie Landis (b.
November 8, 1948in Clinton, Indiana, United States) is an award-winning American authorof historical and contemporary romance novels.
Jill Marie Landis was born on
November 8, 1948in Clinton, Indiana, but moved to Californiawhen she was only ten years old. While studying for her B.A.in history from Long Beach State University, Landis supported herself by working as a ride operator for Fantasylandat Disneyland, selling "shaved ice," and working for a vacation rental cleaning service.
Upon graduation, she spent ten years as a kindergarten teacher and then three years teaching English as a Second Language part-time. Although Landis wrote her first romance novel in junior high, she did not decide to pursue a writing career until 1983. Three years after she committed to writing a full-length novel, Landis sold a manuscript. From 1988 through 2003, she published sixteen historical romance novels. In July 2003, she made her debut in the contemporary romance genre.
Landis and her husband of over thirty years, Steve, claim to share their eighty-year-old home in
Long Beach, California, with the ghost of writer Upton Sinclair. [http://www.jillmarielandis.com/notefromjill.htm] The childless couple also have a home in Hawaii.
Landis has successfully completed the 6.5 hour kayaking trip around
Kauai's Na Palicoastline, and she also enjoys raising orchids, playing the ukelele, and quilting.
# "Sun Flower" (1988)
# "Wild flower" (1988)
# "Rose" (1990)
# "Come Spring" (1994)
* "Jade" (1991)
* "Past Promises" (1993)
* "Until Tomorrow" (1994)
* "Glass Beach" (1998)
* "The Orchid Hunter" (2000)
* "Summer Moon" (2001)
* "Magnolia Creek" (2002)
Cassidy Family Saga Series
# "After All" (1995)
# "Last Chance" (1995)
# "Day Dreamer" (1996)
# "Just Once" (1997)
# "Blue Moon" (1999)
Twilight Cove Series
# "Lover's Lane" (2003)
# "Heat Wave" (2004)
# "Heartbreak Hotel" (2005)
* "Faithful and True" in "Loving Hearts" (1992)
* "Picture Perfect" in "Sweet Hearts" (1993) (with
Kathleen Kane, Colleen Quinnand Jodi Thomas)
* "Cradle Song" in "Three Mothers and a Cradle" (1995) (with
Debbie Macomberand Gina Ferris Wilkins)
* "Heartbreak Ranch" (1997) (with
Dorsey Kelley, Chelley Kitzmillerand Fern Michaels)
* "Summer Fantasy" in "Summer Love" (1997) (with
Stella Cameron, Anne Stuartand Janelle Taylor) & in "Slow Heat" (2001) (with Stella Cameronand Lisa Jackson)
* "On Silken Wings" in "Strong Currents" (2003)
* 1986 -
Romance Writers of AmericaGolden Heart AWard for Best Unpublished Novel, "Sunflower"
* 1989 - Romance Writers of America Golden Medallion (RITA) Award for Best Published Single-Title Historical Romance, "Sunflower"
* 1987-1988 -
Romantic Times MagazineLifetime Achievement Award for Best New Historical Romance Author
* 1989 - Romantic Times Magazine Reviewer's Choice Award for Best Frontier Romance, "Wildflower"
* 1990 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award Finalist for Best Single-Title Historical Romance, "Rose"
* 1991 - Third Place, National Readers' Choice Award, Best Historical Romance, "Jade"
* 1991-1992 Romantic Times Magazine Career Achievement Award for Historical Romance "Love and Laughter"
* 1992-1993 Romantic Times Magazine Career Achievement Award Nominee for Western Romance
* 1992 - Bookrak Catalogue Bestselling Super Release 1992, "Come Spring"
* 1993 - Romance Writers of America Golden Choice RITA Award for Best Romance of the Year, "Come Spring"
* 1993 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award finalist for Best Single-Title Historical Romance, "Come Spring"
* 1993 - 1994, Romantic Times Magazine Career Reviewer's Choice Award Nominee for Americana Historical Romance, "After All"
* 1994 - Bookrak Catalogue Bestselling Super Release July 1994, "Until Tomorrow"
* 1994 - Second Place, Virginia Romance Writers HOLT Award, Best Novel Southern Theme, "Until Tomorrow"
* 1995 -
Publishers Weekly10 Best Romance Novels of 1995, "Last Chance"
* 1995-1996, Romantic Times Magazine Career Achievement Award Nominee for Americana Historical Romance
* 1996 - Romance Readers Anonymous Nominee for Best Historical Single Title Romance, "Day Dreamer"
* 1996 - Second Place, Under the Covers Favorite Historical Romance, "Day Dreamer"
* 1997 - Midwest Fiction Writers Nominee for Best Short Story, "Josie's Story"
* 1997 - Romantic Times Magazine's Reviewers Choice Award for Best Historical Romance "Love and Laughter", "Just Once"
* 1998 - Romantic Times Magazine Reviewers Choice Award Nominee for Best Historical Romance, "Glass Beach"
* 1997-1998 Romantic Times Magazine Career Achievement Award for Historical Romance Nominee
* 1999 - Amazon.com 10 Best Historical Romance Novels of 1999, "Blue Moon"
* 1999-2000 - Romantic Times Magazine Career Achievement Award Nominee for Innovative Historical ROmance
* 2000 - Romantic Times Magazine Reviewer's Choice Award Nominee for Best Innovative Historical Romance, "The Orchid Hunter"
* 2001 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award Finalist for Best Single-Title Historical Romance, "Summer Moon"
* 2001 - Library Journal Top Five Romance Fiction Novels of 2001, "Summer Moon"
* 2001-2002 - Romantic Times Magazine Career Achievement Award Nominee for American Historical Romance
* 2002 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award Finalist for Best Single-Title Historical Romance, "Magnolia Creek"
* 2002 - Romantic Times Magazine Reviewers Choice Award Nominee for Best Western Romance
* 2003 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award Finalist for Best Single-Title Contemporary Romance, "Lover's Lane"
References and sources
* [http://www.jillmarielandis.com/ Jill Marie Landis Official Website]
* [http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/l/jill-marie-landis Jill Marie Landis in FantasticFiction]
* [http://www.geocities.com/rblinterviews/landisinterview.html RBL Romantica Interview with Jill Marie Landis]
* [http://www.aromancereview.com/interviews/jillmarielandis.phtml A Romance Review Interview with Jill Marie Landis]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.