Diaphragm (Ancient Greek: διάφραγμα diáphragma "partition") may refer to any of the following:
Optics and photography
- Diaphragm (optics), a stop in the light path of a lens, having an aperture that regulates the amount of light that passes
- Diaphragm shutter, a type of leaf shutter consisting of a number of thin blades in a camera
- Diaphragm (acoustics), a thin, semi-rigid membrane that vibrates to produce or transmit sound waves
- Social diaphragm, a circle of friends, family, social circle
- Thoracic diaphragm, a thin sheet of muscle under the lungs
- Diaphragm (contraceptive), a small rubber dome placed in the vagina to wall off the cervix, thus preventing sperm from entering
- Diaphragm (mechanical device), a sheet of a semi-flexible material anchored at its periphery
- Diaphragm seal, a membrane that seals an enclosure
- Diaphragm pump, a type of pump
- Diaphragm arch, a type of arch
- Diaphragm wall, a type of wall
- Diaphragm valve, a type of valve
- Diaphragm (structural system), a structural engineering system used to resist lateral loads
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.