- Technology Centre Teknia (Kuopio Science Park)
Kuopio Science Park is a university related research park located in
Kuopio, Finland. The name is not as such used in marketing purposes.
Technology Centre Teknia Ltd. (Teknia), which is the central enterprise service organisation, is used as the marketing brand of the whole area - hence the lack of logo for Kuopio Science Park. Teknia has been the fastest growing Technology Park in Finland for the new millennium.
Teknia was acquired in spring 2008 by Technopolis plc for total cost of 18,1 million euros (67 million euros debts included).
Major organisations located at Kuopio Science Park
University of Kuopio(UKU), whole campus. [http://www.uku.fi/english/]
Savonia University of Applied Sciences(Savonia), Administration & Admissions offices, IT & Electronics Engineering education unit. [http://www.savonia-amk.fi/eng/]
* Kuopio University Hospital [http://www.psshp.fi/documentindex.asp?id=1268&type=1&show=1]
* Technology Centre Teknia [http://www.teknia.fi/main.asp?sid=2]
Offices of national organisations
* Neulanen Research Centre (public, occupational and environmental health): National Public Health Institute (KTL) [http://www.ktl.fi/portal/english/] , The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) [http://www.ttl.fi/internet/english/] and Finnish Food Safety Authority (EVIRA) [http://www.evira.fi/portal/en/]
* Own building: The Geological Survey of Finland (GTK) [http://www.gtk.fi/en/]
* In Teknia-buildings: VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland [http://www.vtt.fi/?lang=en]
Technology Centre Teknia [ [http://www.teknia.fi/vuosikertomus2005/facts.html Teknia - Fakta Kuopion Tiedepuistosta - Facts About Kuopio Science Park ] ]
* Manages the infrastructure of *teknia -dubbed office buildings
* Offers startup- (business hatchery) and internationalization services for companies (also houses a wide variety of other producers of these services)
* Has a side office in
Shanghai, China, which manages health care projects between Finland and China. [ [http://www.tekel.fi/english/news/?num=11843 Tekel - News ] ]
* Houses joint-use laboratories, e.g. Sensor Development Lab, where UKU, Savonia &
Honeywelljointly develop new microsensors.
* Houses a total of 300 small businesses and local offices of multinational corporations and a few with a whole office building such as Honeywell and Ark Therapeutics.
* World's first gene based pharmaceutical plant, by Ark Therapeutics was opened for business in 2007.
* Mediteknia Research Centre, WellTeknia [http://www.wellteknia.fi/main.asp?sid=2] , Centek [http://www.centek.fi/english/index.php]
* A. I. Virtanen Institute and Bioteknia Research Centre (gene therapy, neurosciences, molecular medicine, pharmacology)
* Microteknia Research Centre and Teknia Technology Centre (IT)
thumb|250px|Technology Centre Teknia Ltd., Side office in the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park in Shanghai. In November 2003 Teknia was the first Finnish Technology Centre to open an office inShanghai.
The businesses based in Teknia specialize in information and communication technology and wellbeing technology (agrobiotechnology, drug design, and health care technology).
"Teknia's International Cooperation Partner Parks" [ [http://www.microteknia.fi/main.asp?sid=2&sivu=64&kpl=5&o=64&ok=0 Kuopion Teknologiakeskus Teknia Oy - Tilaa Menestyä ] ] :
ZhongguancunSoftware Park ( zPark, located in "the Chinese Silicon Valley"), WuxiLife Science & Technology Park, Shanghai ZhangjiangHi-Tech Park, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks, IZET Innovationszentrum ltzehoe, TEKNIKBYN VästeråsTechnology Park, University of Surrey, University Enterprise Laboratories, Inc. ( University of Minnesota)
*Bioteknia 1 1994
*Bioteknia 2 1999
*Microteknia 1 2000
*Microteknia 2 2002
*Microteknia 3 2005
*Microteknia 4 2006
* [http://www.teknia.fi Technology Centre Teknia Ltd.]
* [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnghAGAe_tc Microteknia sightseeing] (YouTube amateur video)
* [http://www.teknia.fi/vuosikertomus2005/facts.html Facts about Kuopio Science Park] (yearly review 2005)
* [http://www.psshp.fi/documentindex.asp?id=1268&type=1&show=1 KUH "Promoting health" -brochure] (2005)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.