- Australian Property Institute
The Australian Property Institute (API) is a professional industry body representing residential, commercial and plant and machinery valuers, analysts, fund managers and property lawyers.
The API was originally formed in 1926 as the Commonwealth Institute of Valuers. Many[who?] Australian financial institutions require property professionals who carry out mortgage valuation work to be members of the API.
API publications include the Australian Property Journal, the Professional Practice Manual and Valuation Principles and Practices.
Members of the Institute are bound by a code of ethics, rules of conduct, and professional practice standards. The API has reciprocity agreements with the following bodies
- Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (General Practice Division)
- Property Institute of New Zealand
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, United Kingdom (General Practice Division)
- Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (General Practice Division)
These reciprocity agreements provide API members with portable skills and qualifications allowing them to practice throughout the world.
The National Office of the Australian Property Institute is located at 6 Campion Street, Deakin, Canberra.
- Australian Property Institute (Official site)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.