- Treo 680
Infobox Information appliance
name = Trēo 680
manufacturer = Palm
connectivity = GSM/GPRS/EDGE,
lifespan = since November 2006
media = MMC, SD
camera = 640x480 VGA (0.3 Megapixel)
power = 1200 mAh battery
cpu = Intel PXA272
display = nowrap|320x320 16-bit illuminated TFT
touchpad = WM9712 AC'97 digitizer
It is the first Treo based on the Palm OS to have the external antenna removed.
* Mobile phone, GSM/GPRS/EDGE model with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands.
XScalePXA272 312 MHz processor
* 64 MB onboard NAND storage as user-available stored non-volatile memory
* 64 MB onboard NOR Strataflash (part of the PXA CPU)
* 32 MB onboard SDRAM split between system memory, dynamic memory and cache
* Removable rechargeable lithium ion battery
Palm OSGarnet version 5.4.9
* 111.8mm H x 58.4mm W x 20.3mm D (4.4 inches H x 2.3 inches W x 0.8 inches D)
* 158 grams (5.5 oz.)
* 16-bit Color LCD 320 x 320 TFT touch-screen display
* Supports SD, SDIO, SDHC and MultiMediaCards - 4 GB to 32 GB cards supported through SDHC
* Battery 1200 mAh
* 0.3 megapixel (640x480) VGA digital camera with 2x digital zoom and video camera capability
Palm Desktopversion 4.1.4 for Windows and version 4.2 for Macintosh OS
AT&Tand Rogers are currently the only carriers to offer the Treo 680 in North America; however for a more expensive price, you can get an unlocked GSM Treo that works with any GSM/GPRS/EDGE network worldwide.cite web
url = http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo680/popup_whatsthis.html
title = "What's Unlocked GSM?" (pop-up note)
work = Products: Smartphones
accessdate = 2008-05-30] The Treo 680 is also available from many carriers worldwide including Singtel, Vodafone in NZ & Aus, Globe, Orange France, Swisscom, Telcel MX, Cable & Wireless (Caribbean) and Claro in Brazil.
It comes in four colors: Arctic, Copper, Crimson, and Graphite. Initially, Graphite was the only colour available to wireless carriers, with the Arctic, Copper and Crimson models available unlocked exclusively through Palm.com and Palm's retail stores. This policy was reversed in the US, with Graphite the only color available unlocked and AT&T along with Rogers are selling the colored models. In other countries, unlocked color models are still available.
* [http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo680/ Palm Treo 680 Smartphone] (Palm.com official product page)
* [http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?q_list=true&q_phoneName=Palm+Treo+680&q_sku=sku180002 AT&T Treo 680] (AT&T official product page)
* [http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9134/palm-treo-680-review/ Treo 680 Review] (PalmInfocenter)
* [http://www.smartphone-reviews.co.uk/pdaphone/palm-treo-680 Treo 680 specifications and review] (SmartphoneReviews)
* [http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/12/hands-on-with-the-treo-680/ Hands on With the Treo 680] (Engadget)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.