- Jean-Pierre Papin
Honours and awards
Papin was named by
Peléas one of the top 125 greatest living footballers in March 2004.
As a player
UEFA Champions League: 1994
UEFA Cup: 1996
* Première Division Française: 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992
Coupe de France: 1989
Serie A: 1993, 1994
Italian Super Cup: 1992
Belgian Cup: 1986
Kirin Cup: 1994
* Top French Division 1 Scorer: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992
* French Player Of The Year: 1989, 1991
* 54 caps and 30 goals for the France national team from 1986 to 1995
Ballon d'or: 1991
* Onze d'or: 1991
* Named "Joueur du Siècle" (player of the century) of Olympique de Marseille
* Named in the
As a manager
With RC Strasbourg:
Ligue 2promotion: 2006-07
*He was famous for his bicycle kicks that his fans nicknamed "Papinades" from his name.
*In 1996, after their eight-month-old daughter Emily was shown to have serious cerebral lesions, Jean-Pierre and his wife, Florence, set up an association "Neuf de Coeur" (Nine of Hearts; Papin's shirt number was 9) to help others in that situation and, particularly, to find and apply methods to mentally and physically educate such children.
*Although Papin played only 31 matches for Club Bruges, he was elected as its best foreign player by the supporters in April 2008.
* [http://www.fff.fr/servfff/historique/historique.php?cherche_joueur=Papin French Football Federation Profile]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.