- Holderness Area Rural Transport
HoldernessArea Rural Transport(H.A.R.T.) is a registered Charitable organizationrunning door to door dial-a-ride Community Transport services for North, Mid and South Holderness in the East Riding of Yorkshirein England.
'To provide a community transport service for the inhabitants of North Holderness and its neighbourhood who are in need of such a service because of age, sickness or
disability(mental or physical), or poverty, or because of a lack of availability of adequate and safe public passenger service'.
H.A.R.T. achieve these objectives by:
* Operating the door to door,
Dial a Ride, Community Transport services serving all the hospitals, doctors, dentists and specialist clinics in Kingston upon Hulland the East Riding.
* H.A.R.T. also hire out
minibuses, with disabled and wheelchairaccess, at cost, to community and voluntary groups in the area.
In 2002 residents of 5 villages surrounding
Hornsea( Atwick, Bewholme, Great Hatfield, Mappleton& Withernwick) formed a committee to improve rural transport in the North Holderness area.
H.A.R.T. was successful in it’s bid to the
Countryside Agencyfor funding for a community minibus with disabled access.
H.A.R.T. is a
not for profitCharity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. H.A.R.T. is run by volunteer trustees.
The door to door services cost no more than
public transportand are available on a first come first served basis.
* H.A.R.T. Car Share services are available to anyone who doesn't have easy access to transport in East Yorkshire.
* H.A.R.T. MEDiBUS services include dial-a-ride transport to all the Hospitals, doctors, dentists and specialist clinics in Hull and East Yorkshire.
* H.A.R.T. MiBUS services include dial-a-ride transport for shopping trips based in
Withernsea, South Holderness.
H.A.R.T. also have available a number of buses for Community Group hire including:
* a 12-seater minibus, with disabled and wheelchair access
* a 16-seater minibus, with disabled and wheelchair access
The buses can be hired out to community and voluntary groups in the area.
H.A.R.T. is unique in that it is the only not for profit organisation to run a MEDiBUS in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
* [http://www.MEDiBUS.org.uk/ H.A.R.T.]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.