- Wolfgang Ziebart
Wolfgang Ziebart (born 30 January 1950 in Hannover) was chairman of the board of the Infineon Technologies AG, until his resignation on May 26, 2008. He started his career in 1977 after mechanical engineering studies, with the car manufacturer BMW. In the year 2000 Ziebart changed to the automobile supplier Continental AG. There he led the range of automotives of system with focus on automotive electronics and was among other things was responsible for the development of electronic brakes, airbag and control systems. One year later he became deputy chairman of Continental AG's board . In September 2004 Ziebart joined Infineon Technologies AG.
Ziebart was born in Hannover on January 30, 1950, but now lives in Starnberg. After receiving his Abitur, Wolfgang Ziebart studied mechanical engineering at the Technical University of Munich where he received his Diploma and PhD (Dr.-Ing.) in 1973 and 1976, respectively. He has been married to his wife Iris since 1975 and is father of 3 children. Both of Ziebart's brothers have doctoral degrees and one of them has even earned the title of professor. His father Prof. Dr.‑Ing. Erwin Ziebart, also a former CEO of an automobile supplier, died on August 19, 2007.
- ^ (Minor Mention)Kiley, David (2004). Driven: Inside BMW, the Most Admired Car Company in the World. John Wiley and Sons. p. 277. isbn=0471269204. http://books.google.com/books?id=3LAr-jjuzj8C&pg=PA227&dq=%22Wolfgang+Ziebart%22&client=firefox-a&sig=Pg8iVs38cN-W6Hh6TlcrxgC6als.
- ^ a b "Wolfgang Ziebart, Biografie". rascass Medien und Content Verlag. http://www.whoswho.de/templ/te_bio.php?PID=2891&RID=1&PHPSESSID=a63095db5dffacd79062a9975403077d. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- ^ Weiz, B. (2007-06-26). "Stadt, Land, Geld.". Deutschland Radio Kultur. http://www.dradio.de/dkultur/sendungen/laenderreport/637339/. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- ^ Hoepner, A.,edited by Kueri, J. (200-07-26). "Wolfgang Ziebart setzt im Chaos auf das Prinzip Hoffnung". Deutsche Presseagentur (DPA) Radio Kultur. http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/print/62094. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- ^ "Iris Ziebart: Buergermeisterkandidatin aus Ueberzeugung.". Freie Deutsche Demokraten. http://www.metatag.de/webs/fdp/ov-starnberg2/index.php/STADTRAT%20STARNBERG/Iris%20Ziebart?MttgSession=a14a424de28d8ae473a4551ec60cd036. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- ^ "Trauerfall, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Erwin Ziebart". Suedkurier. http://suedkurier.trauer.de/Erwin-Ziebart/Muenchen/2007/19-August/anzeige/64674. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.