Cuadrilla is a Spanish word for a small group of people.
Specifically it can mean:
- a group of friends. In Basque culture, the cuadrilla continues from youth to maturity. Mostly males, they go out for pub crawls (chiquiteo).
- a company of people participating in a Spanish festival.
- one of the four divisions of the Mesta sheep owners council.
- an armed party of the Santa Hermandad.
- the bullfighting team of a matador and his banderilleros and picadors.
- a territorial division of Álava.
- La Cuadrilla is a group of Spanish cinema directors.
- Cuadrilla Resources, A british drilling company
- cuadrilla in the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.