- Carl Sargent
Carl L. Sargent (born
December 11 1952, in Caerleon, Monmouthshire) is a British author of several roleplaying game-based products and novels.
Body of work
Most of Sargent's role-playing works were published between
1987and 1996. He has authored many products for both the " Dungeons & Dragons" (particularly for the " World of Greyhawk" campaign setting), " Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay", and FASA's " Shadowrun" and " Earthdawn" role-playing games (most of the latter in collaboration with Marc Gascoigne). He also authored various Fighting Fantasygamebooks and novels, some under the pseudonym Keith Martin, and some Sonic the Hedgehog novels under the collective pseudonym Martin Adams (with Gascoigne and James Wallis). Sargent's sudden and abrupt departure from the gaming industry in the late '90s has been the subject of much speculation and curiosity among fans.
According to fellow writer, Sean K Reynolds, Sargent is unable to work due to injuries suffered in a serious car accident.
* [http://www.survivalafterdeath.org/articles/sargent/beyond.htm "Is There Life Beyond Death?" An article by Carl Sargent and Hans J Eysenck]
* [http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=showcreator&creatorid=1677 Pen & Paper listing for Carl Sargent]
* [http://survivalafterdeath.org/articles/sargent/psi.htm "Psi, Science and the Future." An article by Carl Sargent and Hans J Eysenck]
* [http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Articles/JSPR%201987.htm A Report of a Visit to Carl Sargent's Laboratory]
* [http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=62124 Wizards of the Coast messageboard thread about Sargent, including an old interview]
* [http://www.randi.org/jr/photos.html A photo of Sargent at an old Society for Psychical Research meeting]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.