- Rudolph A. Marcus
name = Rudolph A. Marcus
image_size = 180px
caption =Rudolph A. Marcus in 2005
birth_date = July 21, 1923
Nobel Prize in Chemistry(1992)
Rudolph "Rudy" Arthur Marcus (born July 21, 1923) is an American chemist who received the 1992
Nobel Prize in Chemistry[ [http://nobelprize.org/chemistry/laureates/1992/index.html Rudolph A. Marcus: The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1992] ] for his theory of electron transfer. Marcus theory, named after him, provides a thermodynamic and kinetic framework for describing one electron outer-sphere electron transfer.
He was born in
Montreal, Quebec. He earned a B.Sc. in 1943 and a Ph.D. in 1946, both from McGill University. In 1958, he became a naturalized citizenof the United States. He is an active professor at Caltech. He is a member of the International Academy of Quantum Molecular Science.
* [http://www.iaqms.org/members/IAQMS.member.Marcus.html His International Academy of Quantum Molecular Science page]
* [http://www.cce.caltech.edu/faculty/marcus/index.html Rudolph A. Marcus: Arthur Amos Noyes Professor of Chemistry] at
* [http://nobelprize.org/chemistry/laureates/1992/marcus-autobio.html Rudolph A. Marcus: autobiography]
* [http://nobelprize.org/chemistry/laureates/1992/marcus-lecture.html Rudolph A. Marcus: Nobel Lecture 1992, Electron Transfer Reactions in Chemistry: Theory and Experiment]
* [http://www.vega.org.uk/video/programme/39 Freeview video 'An Interview with Rudolph Marcus' by the Vega Science Trust]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.