- I. Howard Marshall
I. Howard Marshall (born 1934) is an Arminian Evangelical Methodist professor
emeritusof New Testament Exegesisand honorary research professor at the University of Aberdeen( Scotland), specifically in the department of Divinityand Religious Studies. He is also the chair of the Tyndale Fellowship for Biblical and Theological Research and was formerly president of the British New Testament Society and chair of the Fellowship of European Evangelical Theologians. He is the author of numerous publications, including 2005 Gold Medallion Book Awardwinner "New Testament Theology". [ [http://www.ecpa.org/christianbookawards/cba2005.php 2005 Christian Book Awards Winners – Reference Works/Commentaries category] ]
His main interests in research have been the
Gospel of Lukeand Acts, the Pastoral Epistles, and aspects of New Testamenttheology. He has been particularly concerned with the work of Luke as both historian and theologian.
He contributed to a New Testament introduction for students and edited a revision and updating of Moulton and Geden’s Concordance to the
Greek New Testamentso that it can be used with the current major editions of the Greek New Testament as well as with older editions.
* "Kept by the Power of God", Carlisle:
Paternoster Press, 1995 (originally Epworth, 1969; Bethany, 1975).
* "Luke: Historian and Theologian", Exeter: Paternoster Press, 1970, 1989.
* "New Testament Interpretation" (editor), Exeter: Paternoster Press, 1977, 1979.
* "The Gospel of Luke" (NIGTC), Exeter: Paternoster Press, 1978.
* "I believe in the historical Jesus", London: Hodder & Stoughton, 1977.
* "The Epistles of John" (NICNT), Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1978.
* "Acts" (TNTC), Leicester: IVP, 1980.
* "Last Supper and Lord's Supper", Exeter: Paternoster Press, 1980.
* "1 and 2 Thessalonians" (NCB), Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1983.
* "Jesus the Saviour: Studies in New Testament Theology", London: SPCK/Downers Grove: IVP, 1990.
* "1 Peter" (IVP Commentary Series), Leicester: IVP, 1991.
* "The Acts of the Apostles" (Sheffield NT Guides), Sheffield Academic Press, 1992.
* "The Epistle to the Philippians" (Epworth Commentaries), London: Epworth Press, 1992.
* (with K. P. Donfried) "The Theology of the Shorter Pauline Letters", Cambridge University Press, 1993.
* I. H. Marshall and D. Peterson (ed.): "Witness to the Gospel: The Theology of the Book of Acts" (Grand Rapids: * Eerdmans, 1998).
* (in collaboration with Philip H. Towner) "A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on The Pastoral Epistles" (International Critical Commentary), Edinburgh: T&T Clark, 1999.
* "Concordance to the Greek New Testament" (sixth fully revised edition of the work of Moulton and Geden), London: T&T Clark, 2002.
* (with S.Travis and I. Paul) "Exploring the New Testament", Vol. 2. London: SPCK, 2002.
* "Beyond the Bible: Moving from Scripture to Theology" (with essays by Kevin J. Vanhoozer and Stanley E. Porter) Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2004.
* "New Testament Theology: Many Witnesses, One Gospel", Downers Grove/Leicester: Inter-Varsity Press, 2004.
* [http://www.abdn.ac.uk/divinity/staff/howard-marshall.shtml University of Aberdeen Staff Pages]
* [http://www.eauk.org/contentmanager/content/acute/wdcd/ihowardmarshall.pdf The Theology of the Atonement] (pdf)
* [http://biblicaltraining.org/books/PocketGuide/index.html A Pocket Guide to New Testament Theology]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.