- National Socialist Party
Parties in various contexts have referred to themselves as National Socialist parties. Because there is no clear definition of national socialism, the term has been used to mean very different things. Since the rise of German Nazism, which called itself "National Socialism", the term has been used in Europe and North America almost exclusively by political parties with combined authoritarian, racial and nationalist views.
However, in other parts of the world, which had little contact with German Nazism, the term "National Socialism" is sometimes used by parties that define themselves as socialist and patriotic, without being racist. In addition, the term was also used by non-racist groups in Europe before the rise of Nazism.
- National-Social Association, in Germany, founded by Friedrich Naumann in 1896. It is unrelated to Nazism. (Social liberal, progressive, pro-Germany, anti-Marxist)
- Czech National Social Party, a quasi-socialist, left-wing party known as the Czech National Socialist Party between 1926 and 1948.
Racist parties predating German Nazism
- Parti Socialiste National, in France, founded by Pierre Biétry in 1903. It became the "Fédération Nationale des Jaunes de France" (or the "Yellow socialists") in 1904. (Anti-Semitic, pro-unions, anti-Marxist)
- Austrian National Socialism (pan-German nationalist)
- Bulgarian National Socialist Party (Bulgarian, anti-Semitic)
- Canadian National Socialist Unity Party (Canada)(pro-Anglo-Canadian/ French-Canadian)
- German National Socialist Workers' Party (Czechoslovakia) (Sudeten German, anti-Semitic)
- Russian National Unity (pro-Russian, pro-Russia-apartheid, anti-Semitic, anti-non-Russian-indigeneous)
- Greek National Socialist Party (Italian-style fascist, pro-Hitler)
- Hungarian National Socialist Party (one of several such groups, 1920s-40s) (German-style National Socialist, anti-Semitic)
- Iranian National Socialist Party (est. 1952)(pro-Hitler, anti-Semitic, anti-Arab, anti-Turk)
- Libertarian National Socialist Green Party (United States)
- Nasjonal Samling (Norway, est. May 13, 1933 - dissolved May 8, 1945)(German-style National Socialist, anti-Semitic, anti-Masonic)
- National Socialist Action Party (United Kingdom, est. 1982)(British, possibly anti-immigrant)
- National Socialist Dutch Workers Party (favored German annexation of the Netherlands)
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party)
- National Socialist Japanese Workers and Welfare Party
- National Socialist League (United Kingdom 1930s) (British, pro-Hitler)
- National Socialist League (United States) (gay, "Aryan", pro-Hitler)
- National Socialist Party of America (white, anti-Semitic, anti-black)
- National Socialist Party of New Zealand (German-style National Socialist, anti-Semitic)
- National Socialist Party (Romania) (German-style National Socialist)
- National Socialist People's Party of Sweden (Italian/German style fascist/National Socialist)
- National Socialist White People's Party (Harold Covington) (Pacific Northwest secessionist, pro-apartheid, white, anti-Semitic)
- National Socialist Workers' Party of Denmark (German-style National Socialist, anti-Semitic)
- National Socialist Workers Party (Spain)
- National Socialist Workers Party (Sweden) (started as a German-style National Socialist party, but became more leftist and independently Swedish before declining during WWII)
- Russian National Socialist Party (Russian nationalist, fascist, theocratic (Orthodox Christian), socialist, anti-immigrant)
- Socialist Reich Party (Germany) (pro-Hitler, pro-German-reunification, Holocaust-denying, anti-American, pro-Soviet but anti-communist and anti-capitalist, post-WWII)
- Sudeten German National Socialist Party (Sudeten German, pro-annexation-by-Germany)
- Swedish National Socialist Farmers' and Workers' Party (pro-Hitler)
- National Revolutionary Socialist Party, India (Marxist/Leftist)
- National Socialist Council of Nagaland, India (Maoist)
- National Socialist Party of Tripura, India (Tripuri nationalist/leftist)
- National Socialist Party of India
- Jatiyo Samajtantrik Dal (National Socialist Party), Bangladesh (socialist)
- National Socialist Party, Jordan
- National Socialist Party, Philippines (Filipino nationalist)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.