- Torpedo (disambiguation)
Torpedo may refer to:
* "Torpedo" (genus), the genus of electric rays
** More generally, any
electric rayin the order Torpediniformes
Torpedo, or locomotive torpedo, a self-propelled explosive projectile that operates underwater
** (Obsolete usage): a
naval mine, a stationary explosive device placed in water, to destroy vessels
Bangalore torpedo, an explosive device for land use, pushed into place on the end of a long tube and intended for blowing up fences and similar combat obstacles under fire
Human torpedo, also called Chariot, a variety of swimmer delivery vehicleof World War Two.
Torpedo (car)car body style. An early form of usually large touring coachwork with smooth shape from front to rear
* Railroad torpedo, a device to warn approaching trains upon entering protected trackage
* "Torpedo" (comics) or "Torpedo 1936", a Spanish comic book series
* "Torpedo", a Marvel Comics character
* "Torpedo" is a character from the "G.I. Joe" universe
* "Torpedo" has been the name of several minor characters in the main
Photon torpedo, fictional weapon popularized by the Science Fiction saga "Star Trek"
FC Torpedo Kutaisi, a Georgian Football Club
FC Torpedo Moscow, a Russian Football Club
FC Torpedo-RG, a Russian Football Club
FC Torpedo Zaporizhzhya, a Ukrainian Football Club
FC Torpedo-ZIL, a defunct Russian Football Club, now FC Moscow
Torpedo punt, a specialised kick used in Australian Rules Football
* "Thorpedo" is a nickname of the Australian swimmer
*"Torpedo", 1920s slang for a
hit manor "hired gun"
*"Torpedo", in American
cigarslang, a cigar with a pointed tip, also called a pyramid ("pirámide" in Spanish) or belicoso
*A type of drinking game (see
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.