- Phil Boyce
Phil Boyce was an American
program directorfor NewsTalkRadio WABC (AM)in New York City, as well Vice President of news/talk programming for ABC Radio. On his radio program on Thursday, October 9, 2008 Sean Hannityannounced that Boyce was leaving the station as of that day.
Boyce programmed WABC Radio programs as well as nationally syndicated ABC Radio shows, including "
The Sean Hannity Show" and "The Mark LevinShow". Boyce handled programming at all ABC Radio news/talk stations, including KABC-AM in Los Angeles, WLS-AM in Chicagoand WMAL-AM in Washington, D.C.He reported to general manager Timothy McCarthy at WABC, as well as to Mitch Dolan, president of the ABC Radio Station Group on the corporate level.
Boyce was raised in Pueblo,
WKY-AM, Oklahoma City
KFEL-AM, Pueblo, CO
* KDZA-FM, Pueblo, CO
* KVMN-FM, Pueblo, CO
* KHOW-AM, Denver
* KFH, Wichita
* KYFM, Bartlesville, Okalahoma
* KIMN, Denver
Vice president for news/talk
* KGO, San Francisco
* KSFO, San Francisco
* KABC, Los Angeles
* WBAP, Dallas
* WLS, Chicago
Program director for news/talk
* WJR-AM, Detroit
* WMAL, Washington D.C.
WABC Radio timeline
* October 9, 2008: last day at WABC-AM and ABC Radio .
* April 1995—Joins WABC Radio as program director, replacing John Mainelli
* 1996,—Creates WABC’s morning team of
Curtis Sliwaand Ron Kuby.
* 1997—Boyce hires
Sean Hannity, then moves him to PM drive-time in 1998.
March 11 2005—Promoted to vice president of programming for ABC Radio's news/talk stations, while keeping his title as operations manager and program director at WABC Radio.
* November 2004 - Brings back Coast to Coast AM to the overnight shift.
* December 2005—Brings back the
oldiesto WABC on Saturday nights with Saturday Night Oldies.
*November 1, 2007--Fires Ron Kuby, the last liberal on WABC
Radio industry honors
Radio InkMagazine's top ten Major Market Program Directors in America for 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Radio and RecordsIndustry Achievement Award for News/Talk Program Director of the Year for 2003
* WABC selected as Radio and Records top News/Talk Station of the Year for 2003
* WABC selected as Legendary Station of the Year by the
National Association of Broadcastersfor 2004
* Radio and Records Magazine News/Talk Programmer of the Year, 2004 and 2005
* [http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/phil_boyce Quotations]
* [http://www.radioink.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=147202&PT=industryqa Radio Ink Interview]
* [http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/article_display.jsp?schema=&vnu_content_id=1000837268&WebLogicSession=Q6xHeYQ6HMhjRBj9VwF5LGlefQrOkDuV2jru1TbKj4B0cEvMY5oE|2705938627826908927/177738805/6/7005/7005/7002/7002/7005/-1 Boyce Made VP, Programming at ABC Radio]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.