Derivation may refer to:
- Derivation (abstract algebra), a function on an algebra which generalizes certain features of the derivative operator
- Derivation (linguistics)
- Derivation in differential algebra, a unary function satisfying the Leibniz product law
- Formal proof or derivation, a sequence of sentences each of which is an axiom or follows from the preceding sentences in the sequence by a rule of inference
- Parse tree or concrete syntax tree, a tree that represents the syntactic structure of a string according to some formal grammar
- The creation of a derived row, in the twelve-tone musical technique
- An after-the-fact justification for an action, in the work of sociologist Vilfredo Pareto
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.Categories:
- Disambiguation pages
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.