- Lake Annecy
lake_name = Lake Annecy
image_lake = LacAnnecy pt com.jpg
caption_lake = With labels for towns and mountains
coords = coord|45|51|N|6|10|E|type:waterbody_region:FR|display=inline,title
Ire, Eau morte, Laudon, Bornetteand Biolon
catchment = 251 km²
basin_countries = France
length = 14.6 km
width = 3.2 km
area = 27.59 km²
depth = 41 m
max-depth = 82 m
volume = 1,124.5 mio m³
residence_time = 4 years
elevation = 446.97 m
Lake Annecy (French "Lac d'Annecy") is a
lakein Haute-Savoiein France.
It is the second largest lake in France, after
lac du Bourget, except for the French part of lac Léman ( Lake Geneva). It is known as " Europe's cleanest lake" because of strict environmental regulations introduced in the 1960s. It is a popular tourist destination known for its swimming and water sports.
The lake was formed about 18,000 years ago at the time the large alpine glaciers. It is fed by many small rivers from the surrounding mountains (
Ire, Eau morte, Laudon, Bornetteand Biolon), and from a powerful underwater source, the Boubioz, which enters at 82 m depth.
Towns and villages around the lake
Veyrier-du-LacA cycle path goes around Lake Annecy past Sevrier and St Jorioz to Faverges. It has an aim to reach Albertville. The lake is around 14km long.
* [http://www.cycling-challenge.com/top-5-cycling-climbs-lake-annecy/ Best Cycling Climbs from Lake Annecy]
* [http://www.annecy-city.com/infos/lac.php Lake Annecy]
* http://membres.lycos.fr/fliaigre/lac.htm (in French)
* http://tip2trip.com/france/annecy/ pictures of Annecy (lake, castle, city)
* http://annecyphotos.blogspot.com/ lake annecy pictures
* [http://album.club-internet.fr/album/disp_serie.phtml?user=burdalet&cid=249795&id_album=21955 Looks on Annecy & its lake]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.