- Autoerotic fatality
Autoerotic fatalities are
deaths caused by unusual and risky solitary sexual practices such as self-bondageand autoerotic asphyxia. However, more exotic forms of autoerotic death also occur. The most common causes of death in autoerotic fatalities are strangulationand postural asphyxia, but autoerotic deaths have also resulted by many other mechanisms, including electrocution, sepsisafter bowel perforation, crushing, and accidental self- impalement.
Estimates of autoerotic deaths in the
United Statesare not exactly known. [ [http://www.geocities.com/pathologypete/autocase1.html autocase1 ] ]
In some cases autoerotic fatalities are not initially recognized, and are confused with
With the exception of the books "Autoerotic Fatalities" by Hazelwood et al. (1983) and "Autoerotic Asphyxiation: Forensic, Medical, and Social Aspects" by Sheleg et al. (2006) there has been no comprehensive coverage of the problem of autoerotic fatalities.
*Robert R. Hazelwood, Park Elliot Dietz, Ann Wolbert Burgess. "Autoerotic Fatalities". Lexington, Mass.: LexingtonBooks, 1983.
* [http://www.amazon.com/dp/1587366045 Sergey Sheleg, Edwin Ehrlich. "Autoerotic Asphyxiation: Forensic, Medical, and Social Aspects". Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark, 2006.]
* [http://www.autoerotic-asphyxiation.com Informational Portal about Autoerotic Asphyxiation Syndrome]
* [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8454997&dopt=Abstract PubMed: "Autoerotic fatalities with power hydraulics"]
* [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10739230&dopt=Abstract PubMed: "Unusual fatal mechanisms in nonasphyxial autoerotic death."]
* [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9662120&dopt=Abstract PubMed: "Death from electrocution during autoerotic practice: case report and review of the literature."]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.