Hit and the acronym HIT may refer to:
Homogeneous Isotropic Turbulence, Fluid Dynamics
High intensity training, a form of strength training
* "Hit" (album), by Peter Gabriel
* "Hits" (disambiguation), for albums with that title
* Hit Records, a record label
Hit single, a song that makes the top 40 of the sales charts or hit parade
* "Hit", a song by Guided by Voices from the 1995 album "
* "Hit", a single by The Wannadies from the 1997 album "
* "Hit", a single by
The Sugarcubesfrom their 1992 album " Stick Around for Joy"
Hit (pronoun)in Old English — "it" in Modern English
Hunter Institute of TAFE, Australia
Harbin Institute of Technology, China
Huazhong Institute of Technology,China
Hokkaido Institute of Technology, Japan
Hanze Institute of Technology, The Netherlands
;Medicine and Biology
Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, low platelet counts due to the administration of heparin
Hibernation induction trigger, a substance found in the blood of hibernating animals
* Health Information Technology
Heavy Industries Taxila, a military complex in Pakistan
* A brand of cookies by German food company
* Hitachi's ticker symbol on the nyse2|HIT
Hongkong International Terminals Ltd.
* Hit,a chain of supermarkets in
;Computing and Internet
Hit (web request), a request for a single file from the web server
* Health Information Technology, associated with
* Human Intelligence Task, see
Amazon Mechanical Turk
* Hypertext Induced Topic Selection or
HITS algorithm, a means to rank web pages in search results
* An item found by a search engine to match specified search conditions
* An approximately correct answer in a
HIT Entertainment, British television production company formerly called Henson International Television.
* Asking the dealer for another card in
blackjack, as in the expression "hit me"
* "H.I.T.", a South Korean miniseries drama
* A single dose in
recreational drug use
* An ugly person
'chat up'or to talk to someone in an affectionate manner, with the intent of establishing a romantic or sexual encounter or relationship with that person
Hīt, Iraq, a town
* Use of strike to cause physical harm, see
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.