- Francis Marion Burdick
Francis Marion Burdick, LL.D. (1845-1920) was an American professor of law, born at De Ruyter, N. Y. He graduated at
Hamilton Collegein 1869, and in 1872 from Hamilton College Law School. He practiced law until 1883. He was mayor of Utica, N. Y. in 1882 and 1883.
Afterwards, he held positions in
Hamilton College, Cornell University, and Columbia University, and was a commissioner for the State of New York.
Besides contributing extensively to legal periodicals he published:
* "Cases on Torts" (1895)
* "The Law of Sales" (third edition, 1913)
* "Cases on Sales" (second edition, 1901)
* "The Law of Torts" (1905, second edition, 1908)
* "Law of Partnership" (second edition, 1906)
* "The Essentials of Business Law" (1908)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.