- Richard Glover (radio presenter)
Infobox rugby league biography
playername = Richard Glover
fullname = Richard Glover
13 July 1958
new = yes
Richard Glover (born
13 July 1958) is an Australian journalist, authorand radiopersonality.
Richard grew up in
Papua-New Guinea, Sydneyand Canberraand graduated from the University of Sydneywith a Bachelor of Artswith a first class Honours degree. He lives with the playwright Debra Oswald, and they have two sons. He has written ten books, including the humour book Desperate Husbands, which was a bestseller in Australia and has been published in translation in Italy and Poland.
He presents the radio show "Drive" from Monday to Friday, 3pm to 6pm on
702 ABC Sydney. He joined 702 ABC Sydneyin January 1996, taking over the Drive segment from Mike Carltonwho'd established a solid and popular format.
He was awarded the Broadcaster of the Year Award 2004, for ABC local radio.
Richard's writing for the stage includes "Lonestar Lemon", which has toured nationally with Genevieve Lemon and "A Christmas Story", which premiered at the
Sydney Opera HouseDrama Theatre in December 1998, with Richard Wherrettdirecting.
He is also a
journalistfor the Sydney Morning Herald. His weekly humour column has appeared in the Sydney Morning Heraldsince 1985. Richard has also worked as that paper's News Editor, Arts Editor and European Correspondent.
Drive Show Segments
Richard Glover's Drive show program includes popular segments such as:
* "Cryptic Crooning" - Mondays to Thursdays from 1635 to 1700
* "Political Forum" - Mondays from 1735 to 1800.
* "The Critics" - Tuesdays from 1735 to 1800.
* "Self Improvement Wednesday" - Wednesdays from 1715 to 1730. SIW is available as a [podcast] at [http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/features/podcastselfimprov.xml] and there is an on-line quiz for each episode.
* "Midweek Conference" - Wednesdays from 1735 to 1800
* "Journo's Forum" - Thursdays from 1735 to 1800.
* [http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/richardglover/features/tgif.htm "Thank God it's Friday"] is broadcast every Friday from 1705 to 1800 and features a roundup of the week's events, featuring various Australian
comedians. TGIF is also available as a podcast at [http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/tag/?topic=comedy-humour] .All of these can be heard via audio on demand via the 702 ABC Sydney website.
* The Intercity Express - Mondays to Fridays 1530 to 1600, a review of a news story from each Australian state.
*In his radio program and SMH columns, he has often portrayed himself as being an ineffectual middle-aged man, with weight and alcohol issues.
*Drives an old ute.
*Richard is a self-confessed addict of the web based
* "The Joke Trap" (2007) (ISBN 9780733320552
* "Desperate Husbands" (2005) (ISBN 0732282500)
* "The dag's dictionary : a humorous book of words that should exist, but don't" (2004) (ISBN 0733314368)
* "The dirt experiment" (2003) (ISBN 0733616208)
* "In bed with Jocasta" (2000) (ISBN 0732268648)
* "Maps, dreams, history : race and representation in Aboriginal Australia" (1998)
* "The joy of blokes : a survivor's guide to the men in your life, how to meet them, how to love them, how to eat their cooking" (1994) (with Angela Webber) (ISBN 1863737529)
* "Laughing stock : one man's battle with sex, work and a son called Batboy" (1993) (ISBN 1863735658)
* "The P-plate parent" (1992) (with Angela Webber) (ISBN 1863731989)
* "Grin and bear it : a survivor's guide to marriage, kids, family holidays, home renovations, the English and other horrors" (1990) (ISBN 0731801814)
* Leser, David. The two of us: Debra Oswald & Richard Glover
Sydney Morning Herald"Good Weekend" - 13 December 1997 p.12
* [http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/richardglover ABC Radio Sydney]
* [http://www.smh.com.au/ Sydney Morning Herald]
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
702 ABC Sydney
Sydney Morning Herald
* [http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/richardglover/ Sydney Morning Herald Column]
* [http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/richardglover/ ABC 702 Drive Program]
* [http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=122448 A Cure for Saggy Breast?] - Richard Glover's contribution to an "
A Current Affair" story. (Video link available)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.