- Dr. Ring-Ding
Dr. Ring-Ding Background information Birth name Richard Alexander Jung Born 2 June 1970 Origin Münster, Germany Genres Reggae, ska, dancehall Occupations Singer
Instruments Trombone Years active 1989–present Labels
Pork Pie RecordsGrover Records
Associated acts El Bosso Und Die Ping Pongs Website www.ringding.de
Ring-Ding first performed by the name of Prof. Richie Senior as the trombonist in the German ska band, El Bosso Und Die Ping Pongs. During Christmas in 1992, he founded the band Dr. Ring Ding & The Senior Allstars, which dissolved in October 2002. Ring-Ding utilised the Jamaica singing style, toasting, by mixing reggae, dancehall and authentic ska beats.
Ring-Ding is known for his ska and reggae collaborations with artists including Lord Tanamo and King Django. He has also performed with The Skatalites and The Toasters. Ring-Ding also earned acclaim with a cover of the Johnny Cash song "Ring of Fire" which he recorded with H-Blockx. The single reached # 13 in the German charts.
Today, he is a presenter for WDR 5 and plays as a soloist for various outfits including Kingston Kitchen and The Sharp Axe Band. He also performs with El Bosso Und Die Ping Pongs at various shows in Germany.
Dr Ring Ding & The Senior Allstars album discography :
- Dandimite (Pork Pie) 1995
- Ram Di Dance (Grover Records) 1998
- Diggin' Up Dirt (Grover Records) 2000
- Big Up (Grover Records) 2001
- Golden Gate (Grover Records) 2002
- ^ Jeffries, David. "Biography: Dr. Ring-Ding". AMG. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p770206/biography. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- ^ a b Hinrichs, Lars (2006). Codeswitching on the web: English and Jamaican Creole in e-mail communication. John Benjamins Publishing Company. p. 282. ISBN 9027253900, 9789027253903. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=_hh_Nj9S7OgC&pg=PA282&dq=%22Dr.+Ring-Ding%22&hl=ko&ei=OsMbTNKSKsWSOJWvkJIM&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=%22Dr.%20Ring-Ding%22&f=false. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
This article on a trombonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.