Whirlwind may refer to:
* An atmospheric phenomenon, see
whirlwind (atmospheric phenomenon)
* whirlwind, an ancient chinese siege weapon
* "Whirlwind", an episode in the World War Two documentary "
The World at War" concerning the allied bombing of Germany. The title is based on Churchill's quotation of the Book of Hoseaconcerning retaliation for Germany's actions: "They sow the wind, and they reap the whirlwind"
* Several aircraft, see
* MIT's pioneering Whirlwind computer
Jimmy White, a famous British Snooker player, is nicknamed The Whirlwind due to his speedy technique of play
Whirlwind (comics), a Marvel Comicssupervillain
Whirlwind (novel), a novel by James Clavell
WhirlWind (Seabreeze)is a roller coaster at Seabreeze Amusement Parkin Rochester, New York
USS Whirlwind (PC-11), a ship in the US Navy
* Whirlwind tank, a Space Marine rocket artillery vehicle in the
* "Whirlwind", a pinball machine made by Williams
* "Whirlwind", a Wind-based Psynergy used by Ivan and Sheba in
Wright Whirlwindradial aircraft engine
Hostile Whirlwinds, a Soviet 1953 film
* "Whirlwind" (film), a 1951
Gene AutryWestern movie
Whirlwind Community, a self-sustainable community being built in Columbus, New Mexico.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.