Observer may refer to person who is observing. More specialised meanings follow.
Computer science and information theory
- In information theory, any system which receives information from an object.
- A state observer in control theory, a system that models a real system in order to provide an estimate of its internal state
- Observer pattern, a design pattern used in computer programming
- ObserverNMS (software), a network management software package
- Observer (Mystery Science Theater 3000), aka Brain Guy
- Observers, non-linear beings in the television show Fringe
- "Observer", a song by Gary Numan on his album The Pleasure Principle
- "The Observer", a track from The Flaming Lips' 1999 album The Soft Bulletin
- Observer (physics)
- Observer (special relativity), a notion from the special relativity theory
- Observer (general relativity)
- Observer (quantum physics)
Politics and diplomacy
- Observer status, granted by an organization to a non-member, allowing the non-member limited ability to participate in the organization's activities
- An election observer, one who assists in election monitoring
- The Observer, a UK Sunday newspaper
- The Texas Observer, an American political magazine
- A Sri Lankan Sunday and evening newspaper
- The Observer (disambiguation), various newspapers
- A game official used in some competitions of Ultimate
- The Observer personality type
- Air observer, an aircrew member of a (usually military) aircraft
- Observer effect (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.