- Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
The Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (German: Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg) was founded in 1993 and is one of the youngest universities in Germany. The university in Magdeburg has about 13,000 students in nine faculties. There are 11,700 papers published in international journals from this institute. 
The former Technical University Magdeburg (Technische Hochschule Magdeburg), a Teacher Training College and a Medical School were absorbed into the university when it was created. The university now composes nine faculties.
Raila Odinga, Prime Minister of Kenya, is an alumnus of the former Technical University. Professor Dr. Nguyen Thien Nhan, current Vietnam's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education & Training, is also an alumnus of the former Technical University. Dr. Rumiana Jeleva, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria (2009–2010), earned a PhD degree in sociology at the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg.
Magdeburg is the capital of Saxony-Anhalt state in Germany. Its a moderately sized city located halfway between Hannover and Berlin in the middle of north Germany. The city is crossed by the river Elbe on which bank the OVG university has its main structures. One advantage in staying and studying in Magdeburg is the simple and favourable living cost. Public transportation in Magdeburg is very advanced and free of use for the students of the university. A popular bar mile for the students is the Hasselbachplatz.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (FMB)
- Faculty of Process and Systems Engineering (FVST)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT)
- Faculty of Computer Science (FIN)
- Faculty of Mathematics (FMA)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences (FNW)
- Faculty of Medicine (FME)
- Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education (FGSE)
- Faculty of Economics and Management (FWW)
IKUS is an inter-cultural association for international students. It contribute the cultural synergy between the countries. Students are actively participating and celebrating the cultural festivals frequently. Large number of foreign students organize the day for each country.
MIPS (= Magdeburg International PhD Students) is the network for international PhD students at OvGU. This association helps to create and enhance the contact between international PhD students in order to provide social and academic integration of young scientists. MIPS maintains support and advice in various areas, e.g. to learn about Magdeburg and the German language, to give information about scholarships and job opportunities.
- Journal of Automata, Languages and Combinatorics, an international academic journal in the field of theoretical computer science published by the university.
- ^ "Scopus Database". http://www.scopus.com/results/results.url?sort=plf-f&src=s&nlo=1&nlr=20&affilName=otto+von+guericke+university&sid=NBZUp5Nf_kbmd6NuRZssB1Q%3a73&sot=afnl&sdt=afsp&sl=42&s=%28AF-ID%28%22Universit%C3%A4t+Magdeburg%22+60018362%29+%29&origin=AffiliationNamesList&txGid=NBZUp5Nf_kbmd6NuRZssB1Q%3a7.
- ^ "Inter-cultural association for international students". http://ikus.truemmerdackel.org/index.php?id=15&L=2.
- ^ "Welcome at Studentenwerk!". http://www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/English/Pages/default.aspx.
- Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (English)
- Medical Faculty of the University Magdeburg (English)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.