- Olden, Norway
Olden — Village — Sogn og Fjordane Coordinates: Coordinates: Country Norway Region Western Norway County Sogn og Fjordane District Nordfjord Municipality Stryn Area - Total 0.79 km2 (0.3 sq mi) Population (2009) - Total 480 - Density 608/km2 (1,574.7/sq mi) Time zone CET (UTC+01:00) - Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+02:00) Post Code 6788
Olden is located at the mouth of the Oldeelva river in the Oldedalen valley along the Nordfjord. It is about 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) southwest of the village of Loen, about a 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) drive southeast of the municipal center of Stryn, and about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) east of the village of Innvik. There are two churches in Olden, one built in 1759 and the other in 1934.
The population (2009) of Olden is 480, an increase of 29 residents since 1 January 1999. The urban area covers an area of 0.79 square kilometres (200 acres) and has a population density of 608 residents per square kilometre. Olden is a major tourist area. The cruise port in Olden had 61 cruise ship arrivals in 2003. The Briksdalsbreen glacier, a popular hiking destination, is located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) south of Olden, at the end of the Oldedalen valley.
- Svein Lundevall (born 1944) - Norwegian civil servant
- Rune Skarstein (born 1940) - Norwegian radical economist
- ^ Statistisk sentralbyrå (1 January 2009). Urban settlements. Population and area, by municipality.. http://www.ssb.no/beftett_en/tab-2009-06-16-01-en.html.
- ^ Statistisk sentralbyrå (1 January 1999.). Urban settlements. Population and area by municipalities. Revised figures.. http://www.ssb.no/english/subjects/02/01/10/beftett_en/arkiv/tab-2000-12-18-01-en.html.
- ^ Reksnes, Asgeir; Svanes, Brit Jorunn (16 March 2006). "Rekordsommar for cruisetrafikken" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nrk_sogn_og_fjordane/1.272073. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.