- Team Kaobon
Team Kaobon Est. 2002 (as "Fighters and Fitness") Founded by Colin Heron (originally founded as "Fighters and Fitness" Primary trainers Colin Heron (Head coach)
Marcelo Brigadeiro (Luta Livre coach)
Shane Rigby (Wrestling coach)
Andy Aspinall (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu coach)
Juddas Clottey (Boxing coach)
Current titleholders Mark Adams - BAMMA Featherweight champion
Neil Adams - K-1 UK Max champion and various kickboxing/thaiboxing titles
Rob Sinclair - BAMMA Lightweight champion
Prominent Fighters Terry Etim (UFC)
Paul Kelly (UFC)
Paul Taylor (UFC)
Paul Sass (UFC)
Mark Adams (BAMMA Featherweight champion)
Martin Stapleton (former Ultimate Fighter participant)
Training Facility Locations Liverpool, England
Official Website Team Kaobon Homepage
Team Kaobon formerly known as Fighters and Fitness is a mixed martial arts team from Liverpool, England. The team is known for being the training camp of multiple English lightweight fighters based in the Ultimate Fighting Championships - the top MMA organisation - as well as domestically.
The following fighters are amongst those currently based at Team Kaobon
- Mark Scanlon - Current UFC fighter
- Mark Adams - BAMMA veteran and BAMMA Featherweight champion
- Terry Etim - Current UFC fighter
- Eugene Fadiora - BAMMA veteran
- Paul Kelly - UFC veteran
- Paul Sass - Current UFC fighter and holder of 7 consecutive triangle choke victories
- Mick Sinclair - domestic veteran
- Rob Sinclair - BAMMA veteran and BAMMA Lightweight champion
- Martin Stapleton - former contestant on The Ultimate Fighter: US vs. UK
- Paul Taylor - UFC veteran
- Oriol Gaset - Botnia Punishment Lightweight champion
- Chris Stringer - Cage Wars veteran
The following individuals currently coach at Team Kaobon
- Colin Heron - Managing director and head coach
- Heron established Team Kaobon in 1992, which now holds three gyms. Heron is also the first trainer to produce Muay Thai champions in each weight class.
- Marcelo Brigadeiro - Luta Livre coach
- Brigadeiro is a Luta Livre black belt who shares time between Team Kaobon and RFT in Brazil. Brigadeiro has won the Brazilian National Championship of Submission three times and the Rio de Janeiro State Championship of Submission seven times.
- Shane Rigby & Mike Grundy - Wrestling coach
- Rigby has competed in multiple wrestling and judo competitions, won a silver medal at two Commonwealth Games and was a member of the Great Britain Olympic Wrestling team.
- Grundy was on the Olympic team for Beijing Olympics 2008, 2 Times British senior champion and was ranked 12th in the World championships Denmark 2009
- Andy Aspinall - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu coach
- Aspinall holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and a 2nd degree black belt in Japanese Jiu-Jitsu.
- Juddas Clottey - brother of top-level professional boxer Joshua Clottey. Won 45 of his 59 professional boxing fights and has trained many world-known boxers.
Professional mixed martial arts training associations USAAlliance MMA · AMA Fight Club · AMC Pankration · American Kickboxing Academy · American Top Team · Arizona Combat Sports · Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy · DeathClutch · Elite Performance · Finney's HIT Squad · Grudge Training Center · H.I.T. Squad · The HardCore Gym · Jackson's Mixed Martial Arts · Kings MMA · KDojo MMA · Lion's Den · Miletich Fighting Systems · Minnesota Martial Arts Academy · The Pit · Roufusport · Team Hammer House · Team Lloyd Irvin · Team Punishment · Team Quest · Team Sityodtong · Wand Fight Team · Xtreme Couture Brazil Japan Canada Europe AustraliaElite Fight Gym RussiaRed Devil Sport Club · Legion Sport Club
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.