- Millennium: Journal of International Studies
Millennium: Journal of International Studies Abbreviated title (ISO) Millenn. J. Int. Stud. Discipline International relations Language English Edited by Shuxiu Zhang, Damiano de Felice, Francesco Obino Publication details Publisher SAGE Publications Publication history 1971-present Frequency Triannually Impact factor
0.727 Indexing ISSN 0305-8298 (print)
LCCN 74646097 CODEN MILLFB OCLC number 49341684 Links
Millennium is a peer-reviewed academic journal of international relations. It is based at the London School of Economics (LSE) and is currently published by Sage Publications three times a year, in May, August and December.
Millennium was established by F. S. Northedge and a group of students from the LSE Department of International Relations in 1971.
Millennium has been a student run journal since its foundation. Postgraduate students at the LSE continue to edit and manage the journal, with a new team editing each volume. The current editors are Edmund Arghand, Maria Fotou, and Nick Srnicek.
Abstracting and indexing
Millennium is abstracted and indexed in Current Abstracts, Current Contents/Arts & Humanities, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, and the Social Sciences Citation Index. According to the Journal Citation Reports, its 2010 impact factor is 0.727, ranking it 32nd out of 73 journals in the category "International Relations".
The Northedge Essay Competition
The Northedge Essay Competition was established in 1986 to commemorate the contribution of the late F. S. Northedge to the creation of Millennium. The winning essay is published in the first issue of each volume. The competition is open to any student who is currently pursuing or has recently completed a degree in International Relations or a related field. The essay may be part of a doctoral research project, an essay or dissertation submitted as part of an undergraduate or Masters’ degree course, a seminar paper or similar work.
- ^ "Millennium welcomes postgraduate student involvement". http://www2.lse.ac.uk/internationalRelations/Journals/millennium.aspx. Retrieved 12-10-2010.
- ^ "Welcome to the new Millennium Editorial Team!". http://www2.lse.ac.uk/internationalRelations/Journals/millenn/Editorial%20Team,%20Volume%2041%20(2012-2013).aspx. Retrieved 12-10-2010.
- ^ "Northedge Essay Competition 2011". http://millenniumjournal.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/northedge-essay-competition-2011/. Retrieved 11-12-2010.
- International relations journals
- SAGE academic journals
- Publications established in 1971
- English-language journals
- Triannual journals
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.