iGuard Inc Type Private Founded 2007 Headquarters Princeton, New Jersey, USA Key people Hugo Stephenson, CEO
Elisa Cascade, Head Operations
Bob Winslow, Head Medical Information
Products Safety research and analysis Website http://www.mediguard.org
The holding company for MediGuard.org is iGuard Inc.. The aim of the company is to monitor the safety of prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines and healthcare supplements. As of February 2011, there are over 2,480,000 registered users in the company's web-site. The company also rates the safety of different drugs using a standardized ratings scale, and has received critical support from patient advocacy groups concerned by the large number of patients affected by serious, preventable adverse drug reactions.
- Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program
- COSTART - Coding Symbols for a Thesaurus of Adverse Reaction Terms
- Yellow Card Scheme (UK)
- ^ https://www.mediguard.org/medication/, accessed 13 February 2011.
- ^ Barriaux, Marianne (2007-10-02). "'Traffic-light' medicine risk website to launch". London: The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/oct/02/7. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- ^ Two Frontrunners for Drug Safety Prevention www.ismp.org, accessed 20 January 2009.
- ^ iGuard Drug Safety Alert is Newest Reason Senior Citizens, Caregivers Must Use Web SeniorJournal.com, 9 October 2007, accessed 19 November 2007.
- ^ Cox, Tony; Babayev, Djangir (2005-06-01). "Some Limitations of Qualitative Risk Rating Systems". Risk Analysis. doi:10.1111/j.1539-6924.2005.00615.x?cookieSet=1. http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2005.00615.x?cookieSet=1&journalCode=risk
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.