- Mark Harrington (pro-life activist)
Harrington travels to universities debating students on bio-ethical issues such as abortion, embryonic stem cell research, and cloning. As part of a campus project called the Genocide Awareness Project, Harrington speaks on some of the nation's largest university campuses, reaching thousands of college students and faculty each year.
Harrington hosts Activist Radio: The Mark Harrington Show. The Mark Harrington Show helps Christians think clearly as they approach the issues of the day. Also, as a frequent guest on both secular and Christian radio and television shows, Harrington's message is a Christian worldview on bio-ethical issues can compete in the marketplace if properly understood and articulated. Harrington has appeared in several national newspapers including USA Today, and on national television programs such as CBS’ Good Morning.
Use of graphic images
Harrington is among anti-abortion activists who use images of aborted fetuses in training efforts and public outreach. This has raised controversy among groups finding the display too graphic. A counter-demonstration held during a Genocide Awareness Project at Ohio State University included twenty protesters and others who'd signed on to condemn GAP's "aggressive, unsettling and intimidating" tactics. The anti GAP protesters had banners saying "Keep GAP off campus" and "Stop exploiting the Holocaust." 
Harrington's response to criticism of the graphic images includes the following:People may say they are too graphic, or that they aren't real, but this is undisputed photographic evidence that abortion is an act that kills a baby . . . Very few people will say, 'That's real. That's a baby. I'm still pro-choice,' . . . Instead, they will do all they can to discredit the argument and ignore that there's a white elephant sitting in the living room that cannot be ignored.
- ^ Controversial anti-abortion group sparks debate, protest in front of Student Union (http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/controversial-anti-abortion-group-sparks-debate-protest-in-front-of-student-union-1.2161306), Central Florida Future, 19 February 2010.
- ^ a b Abortion protests take Oval, are mocked, (http://uweekly.com/newsmag/04-21-2010/14280/abortion-protests-take-oval-are-mocked), UWeekly, 21 April 2010.
- ^ a b GAP visits OSU (http://freepress.org/departments/display/18/2005/1380), The Free Press, 20 July 2005.
- ^ Abortion clouds Obama's Notre Dame speech, (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-05-15-protest-keyes_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip), USA Today, 17 May 2009.
- ^ Genocide Awareness Project draws attention, good and bad (http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2003/10/10-09-03tdc/10-09-03dnews-06.asp), The Daily Collegian, 9 October 2003.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.