- Marina Elizabeth Habe
Elizabeth Habe (1951 - December 29, 1968) was the daughter of Hans Habe and a student at the University of Hawaii. She was murdered while returning home from a date.She may have been slain by members of the Manson family. Her body was discovered on New Years Day 1969 in dense underbrush off Mulholland Drive, 100 feet west of Bowmont Drive, in Los Angeles, California.
Habe was abducted outside the home of her mother, actress Eloise Hardt, 8962 Cynthia Avenue, in West Hollywood. The residence was three blocks below Sunset Boulevard. The neighborhood was the location of a number of rapes in the weeks prior to Habe's demise. Habe double dated with John Hornburg, 22, a family friend. She left the Hornburg residence at 3:15 a.m. in her sports car.
A former Manson family associate said that members of the family knew her.
Los Angeles County coroner Thomas Noguchi recorded that the teenager bled to death. Habe's body exhibited contusions in the eyes, slashes to the throat and heart, burns, and was nude except for a single shoe. She had been raped according to author Ed Sanders. A Los Angeles Times article disputes this conclusion.
Habe was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City following a requiem mass at Good Shepherd Roman Catholic Church in Beverly Hills. 
- '^ More of Hollywood's Unsolved Mysteries, John Austin, SP Books, 1992, pg. 240.
- ^ Police report progress of autopsy, Los Angeles Times, January 3, 1969, pg. D1.
- ^ The Family, Ed Sanders, Avon Books, May 1972, pg. 132.
- ^ a b Officials Reveal Coed, 17, Was Stabbed To Death, Los Angeles Times, January 3, 1969, pg.SF1.
- ^ Funeral Services Held For Murdered Coed Marina Habe, Los Angeles Times, January 5, 1969, pg. B.
- 1951 births
- 1968 deaths
- American murder victims
- American people of Jewish descent
- American people of Austrian-Jewish descent
- American people of Hungarian-Jewish descent
- American people stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.