- Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates
Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates are a set of directorates of the Scottish Government. They are responsible for NHS Scotland, as well as policies on the development and implementation of health and community care.
The Director General of the Scottish Government's Health and Social Care Directorates, as well as the Chief Executive of NHS Scotland, is Derek Feeley.
There is no direct relationship between Ministers and the Directorates. However, the activities of these Directorates include those under the purview of the Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Cities Strategy, Nicola Sturgeon MSP.
The current Directorates are:
- Directorate for Chief Medical Officer, Public Health and Sport
- Directorate for Chief Nursing Officer, Patients, Public and Health Professions
- Directorate for Children and Families
- Directorate for Health and Healthcare Improvement
- Directorate for Health and Social Care Integration
- Directorate for Health Finance and Information
- Directorate for Health Workforce & Performance.
As well as responsibility for NHS Scotland, the Directorates also have responsibility for:
- Health Scotland
- Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
- Scottish Ambulance Service
- State Hospital for Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- NHS National Services Scotland
The Scottish Executive Health Department (SEHD) was created in 1999 from the former Scottish Office Health Department (SOHD) (previously part of the Scottish Office Home and Health Department). The separate departments in the Scottish Government were abolished in 2007 and repalced with Directorates. In December 2010, the functions of the Health Directorates were taken on by the Health and Social Care Directorates.
- ^ "Directorates" Scottish Government. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
Directorates of the Scottish GovernmentMinisterial: Office of the Permanent Secretary • Learning and Justice • Finance • Health and Social Care • Governance and Communities • Enterprise and Environment • Crown OfficeCategories:
- Departments of the Scottish Government
- Healthcare in Scotland
- NHS Scotland
- Health ministries
- Scottish organisation stubs
- Scotland politics stubs
- United Kingdom government stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.